FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Parting a PRV and small parts stash - mostly 2.8, some 3.0, some EFI and custom bits.

Parting a PRV and small parts stash - mostly 2.8, some 3.0, some EFI and custom bits.

Hey all. After a long battle I've declared defeat - the franken-PRV I inherited from my car's PO is dead. It sat for too long while I waited on people that proved to be unreliable sources for parts and labor. The future will contain a non-PRV swap for #3416.

The good news for some of you is that despite all the stupid mods done to my car, there are plenty of good stock or stock-replacement bits here, and maybe they can help you all in your endeavours. Everything is located in Vero Beach, FL, and I will happily ship any or all of it at the actual shipping cost required - bearing in mind that for some of these items they will cost a decent amount to ship. I am within meeting distance of Orlando and Melbourne if you want me to deliver any of the larger stuff.

Parts are sorted into 2.8/2.8 compatible, DMC non-engine parts, 3.0, and EFI/custom categories. All parts are used for sub-1000 miles unless otherwise noted. I hardly have any K-Jet specific stuff, this is intake manifold and downwards. I may be adding more as I sort through the garage.

Pricing for most items is best offer, let's keep it reasonable for both of us, I am spitballing based on NOS prices and some other for sale threads so if I'm asking way too much let me know. Haven't sold any DMC parts for a looooong time, bear with me. I am also flexible on the parts themselves - if you want the heads but no rockers I will split them, if you want the crankshaft and the appropriate timing gears, I will split that. Just let me know what you need. I would like all of this stuff gone no later than July if possible.

I will be adding pics as I get them and/or on request, there's a lot to dig through. Here's what I have dug out so far, let me know if you want pictures of anything in particular:

2.8/2.8 compatible:
    • Cylinder head set - freshly rebuilt with all new valve stem seals, lightly surfaced (not decked, stock timing setup and settings will still work), 3-angle valve job, stepped drill enlargement of fuel ports for EFI-in-stock-ports install (will hold K-Jet injectors or EFI port plugs with no problems), 'bump' removed from exhaust ports and hole plugged. Comes with complete valvetrain + rockers, NO CAMS. Never installed or used since rebuild. Has helicoils installed for all four intake manifold bolts to prevent stripping. No finishing hardware (cam blanking plates, water pipe flanges, etc). $900 for the set. Shipping these will be a bit pricey due to the need to protect the machined surface but we can work something out.
    • Complete timing and tensioner hardware set (both sets) including cam gears - 34k but in very good condition, never any chain noise, free chains if you want them - $175
    • Distributors - 2 - one with sub-1K miles and fresh pickup coil, one of unknown provenance but good condition. $75 for one with fresh pickup coil, $60 for the other
    • Tach lead from distributor -$30
    • Distributor cap, rotor - free with any purchase, appear brand new, less than 1K usage, handy for spares
    • Full MSD 8.5mm spark plug wire set - $65
    • MSD blaster 2 (same as Hervey sells) with MSD recommended ballast resistor. $35
    • Hervey shielded coil wire $20
    • Intake manifold w/throttle body - 34K - has 12 small holes tapped from previous owners nitrous oxide setup, plugged with brass plugs. Barely noticeable, good candidate for non-concourse build or a painted intake. Throttle body has one mixture screw broken off. Will come with bag of spare plugs just in case. $100
    • Water pump - 20k miles, suitable for core or rebuild, worked fine but ugly. - $50
    • Y pipe - ugly but doesn't leak $40
    • A/C compressor - 34K, worked great but leaks, brand new OEM cylinder head cap installed but one seal is damaged, will need to have new seal installed between cap and compressor body, otherwise ready to roll. $125
    • Crankshaft pulley w/nut- 34K - make me an offer, couldn't find a price for these
    • A/C idler bracket + pulleys - complete with all spacers, needs new pulley bearings - 34K
    • Alternator - Motorola 90A, unknown mileage, has serpentine pulley installed from previous owner, in working condition - $25
    • SS alternator turnbuckle tensioner mod - never installed - $30
    • Oil pan - 34K, light scraping on a few fins but fixable - $60
    • Crankshaft - 34k, surface appears to be in good shape, have it checked by a machine shop anyway - $300
    • Eagle Premier starter motor - rebuilt by manufacturer, sub 1K miles, less than 200 starts since rebuild - $30
    • Crankcase - 34k - includes dipstick tube which is bent but repairable - $175
    • Oil deflector/anti emulsion plate - 34k - $10 or free with crankcase
    • Timing plate and valve cover set - will be sold freshly sandblasted and ready for paint or powder. - $150
    • Custom "Hervey Style" steel exhaust headers w/ driver side O2 port - rusted but solid, just need a cleaning and/or coating - mufflers will be shown in pic for mounting suggestion but not suitable for sale - $200
    • Throttle spool + mounting bracket, ugly but functional, no idle stop or wiring - $75
    • CSV mounting/intake bypass pipe - $50
    • Misc fittings, couplings, etc, if you want something specific just ask, I probably have it - don't really have any K-Jet parts though

DMC non-engine parts:
    • Stock fuel pump baffle and low-mileage (sub 2K) pump, DMCH pickup hose w/reinforcing spring mod inside - make me an offer, baffles NLA from anyone as far as I can tell
    • Engine bay wiring harness plate w/crossbar - $25, painted black but sloppily, needs strip + repaint
    • Inertia switch - early (pre-service bulletin) but electrically works fine - free with any purchase
    • Drivers side A1 electric window motor - MOTOR ONLY, NO WINDOW TRACK - $

3.0 parts
    • Timing plate and valve cover set - unknown mileage - $150
    • Forged pistons and connecting rods for 9.5:1 CR - 20K - will need cleaning + new rings - pistons are probably not reusable, rods certainly are - $250
    • OEM head gaskets for Renault Alpine V6 GT - these are for a factory turbocharged 3.0 PRV, suitable for high performance/forced induction builds - $175, cost much more than that to get shipped here from overseas originally

EFI/custom parts
    • Fuel rails for K-Jet injector port mount setup - custom made from Ross extrusion, come with full set of AN -6 braided stainless fuel lines + Aeromotive fuel regulator + all adapters and fittings to attach to stock lines. I was planning to add a set of fuel injector risers to increase clearance for the spark plugs. You will need to make your own brackets for these, I can include the prototypes I made as a reference. Easy enough to drill a few holes and bend 2 pieces of steel or aluminum bar to fit your setup. $400 - this setup originally cost just shy of $1000, the regulator alone still sells for $170 new and the rails cost over $100 before machine work, this is still quite the deal if you don't want to swap your intake manifold. You will need to supply your own injectors.
    • Volvo idle motor for PWM IAC - $15
    • Innovate LC-1 - $50
    • K-Jet mixture housing (gutted), suitable for stock-look EFI or mockups/measurements for custom intake, free, just pay shipping

Thanks guys.
    Aka Adam S, aka Adam Wright
    1981 DMC-12 #3416, mothballed in preparation for motor swap
    2006 Volvo S60R

My VIN:    6720

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (LVDG)

SS alternator turnbuckle tensioner mod - never installed - $30
    I'll take this. Please pm for payment info. Cheapest possible shipping method to 85748.
    5 speed, grooved hood, grey interior (Nov '81)
    QA1 coilovers, Delorean.eu LCA brackets, DPNW Poly swaybar bushings, DMCMW shock tower bar, Deloreana.com convex mirrors, DPNW Toby Tabs, DPI exhaust, C4 Corvette third brake light, PJ Grady tail light boards, Bitsyncmaster relays

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

PM Sent