FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Nick's LS1 Delorean is on Road & Track's front page

My VIN:    6654

Club(s):   (DCF)

Nick's LS1 Delorean is on Road & Track's front page

Don't want to steal his thunder but, I'm not sure he would brag on himself so I will

http://www.roadandtrack.com/

It's about 3 screens down on the front page. Or click here http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...2-rock-a-dyno/ and you can go directly to it.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    03572

It's so great and well deserved to get that honor. I will have to pick up a copy to keep.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    6654

Sorry, I should have put WEB page not magazine. I don't know if it is in the hard copy magazine. If it is though, I will buy a copy also.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

My VIN:    <2000

Very cool! Congrats Nicholas.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Thanks Lenny! I didn't even see this until Patrick C shared it on a Facebook. No idea how they found it. I only posted the video last night after cleaning off my phone and realizing that it was still on there. That video and the other video were both videos that I took during the CAR FIX episode shooting, but I wasn't supposed to post anything until after the episode aired. Kind of just forgot about them.

Here's the other video that the magazine didn't have:

Last edited by Nicholas R; 03-24-2015 at 10:15 PM.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

Proud of you nick
    So what did the dyno readings say?
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

The sound of this engine is amazing

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Proud of you nick
    One of the videos say "425 whp"....

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by ALEXAKOS View Post
    Proud of you nick
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    One of the videos say "425 whp"....
    That is correct. I was told that if I wanted to keep going that they could map it further and get more at the wheels, but I was already sweating bullets from going so hard on the transmission with only the upgraded input shaft coupler. Now that I have my new input shaft, I'd be a lot more confident doing multiple runs to squeeze the extra power out. I'm also in the process of planning out my fuel system to use the Bosch 044 Racing fuel pump. They were pretty adamant that I needed a fuel pump that delivered at least 300lph, to reduce the need for fuel trimming with the injectors (injectors having to stay open longer). Once the new pump system is finished, I'm hoping to do another dyno day.

My VIN:    MMMMMCMXCII

That is a serious 3digit power volume!
    Sorry I have not seen what you have done to the Delo in improve handling but I do wonder what gripping that wheel feels like when your foot gets heavy on the pedal...
    VIN 5992/Body 5697/Frame 6000/Grey/Manual/ALL LED/Square HALOs/SPAX/DMOCO SS shifter/Genuine MOMO steering/iPhone base/Porsche turbo 997 exhaust/K&N/ SS: f.fascia mounts, brake lines, clutch line+fuel line+tank cover+heat shields/Posi-quiet brake pads/Poly: steering rack inserts+f.sway bar bushing+radius bushing/wings-a-loft/Radius enforced tabs n bolts/turbo fans... Oh! + a BTTF on/off replica set etc (still adding)