FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Concours Shows

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Concours Shows

There will be a Concours show in Texas this year April 24-26. Go over to www.concoursoftexas.org for more info.
    In May there will be one in Greenwich CT May 30-31. For more info on this one go to www.greewichconcours.com
    I will be in CT but with my Lotus this year.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

Turncoat....should I bring mine too?
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    There will be a Concours show in Texas this year April 24-26. Go over to www.concoursoftexas.org for more info.
    In May there will be one in Greenwich CT May 30-31. For more info on this one go to www.greewichconcours.com
    I will be in CT but with my Lotus this year.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    Turncoat....should I bring mine too?
    Rob
    Hey, you had an S4s Esprit a while back! To bring a car to the CT show you have to get yourself "invited". It's not too late to try. In any case it is a great show to see! Some of the cars you won't see even in a museum. It is a very nice venue too, right on the water in a park. One of the few shows where they FEED the car owners breakfast AND lunch for bringing the cars. The show also has a cruise Friday around Greeenwich ending at a restaurant for all of the entrants. Not cheap (THAT you pay for!). They also give free boat rides around the harbor. VERY classy! Many owners will also dress in period clothes for the show.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Do you have to be "invited" even if your not entering a car? In other words just to walk around and look.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Do you have to be "invited" even if your not entering a car? In other words just to walk around and look.
    No invitation needed to attend concours events. Just buy a ticket. Even at Pebble Beach and Amelia Island. They are typically fundraising events so they want a paying audience.

Click on the links to see ticket pricing for the ones David is pointing to.

Most events that call themselves a concours are selective about the cars they want on the grass so car owners typically submit an entrant application and pay an fee upon acceptance. That's the "invitation". You pay to show your car and attendees pay to see it. Everybody's happy.

At the real high end like David says, some owners will get invited to have their cars shown. That is, the concours organizers will go out of their way to get you to let them show the car. They will usually still take applications from owners they don't already know.
    Last edited by Rich; 03-28-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior