FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Be Honest!

Be Honest!

After you bought your Delorean, how long till you hated it, sold it, or learned to live with it?

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I got mine 2.5 years ago, when one of the above happens I will report back(don't hold your breath)
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I got mine 2.5 years ago, when one of the above happens I will report back(don't hold your breath)
    I see your more the exception then the rule when it comes to owning a Delorean as yours is remanufactured and has several upgrades. What are your thoughts when you compare the two original VS. remanufactured, if you've driven them both?

If you don't mind what was the price/cost of your car with all the bells and whistles?

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I pretend to be frustrated and bothered by an issue, but really I'm happy I have something to tinker with again.

I love my car because it challenges me, and most of the time, I win!
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    02075

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Ditto, but mine's not a rebuild I've had it almost 3.5 years. Still love it & it's not gotten me down yet....been a fun ride so far!

DMC-CA cams & custom Flowmaster muffler
    1/4 mile time - 16.792s @ 81.45MPH

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Owned my first one for 5 years and sold it to make for a nice down payment on my first house not because I grew tired. My second one I've had for going two years and am more bored with it than hating it. Just waiting for me to get motivated again.
    eBay selling at it's best I can tell you stock Delorians and quite a bit of slugs so the Turbo is a super nice up-grade.
    K-Jet: Causing electrical issues since November 5th 1955

DeLorean Driver

My VIN:    2638

I bought a completely original car that had basically no updates and sat in a garage un driven since 1991.

Now, although I have had a lot of the "DeLorean problems" mine has yet to break down, I have actually driven it fairly extensively, and I have done most of the "updates" to keep it a good driver. Each time I have done an update or upgrade, I feel better about the car, the car has responded well to them and I enjoy driving it that much more.

One can not expect to buy any 30 year old car, much less a DeLorean and just drive the car. Someone should put together a "before you drive your DeLorean, you should do this" list.

I am happy that I did all the work myself on my original D. Because of this, I know I'll be prepared if/when something goes wrong on the road, and I have reduced the chances of a breakdown by about 10X.
    Still rocking the Ducellier

My VIN:    04915

A Delorean has been my primary mode of transportation, my daily driver for almost 30 years. I've never considered selling it nor can I envision being without it.
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    3816

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Someone should put together a "before you drive your DeLorean, you should do this" list.
    I believe there was something like this on old DMCTalk. I wonder if someone has it saved somewhere?

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

I bought my first one in 2006 and, in many ways, still own a good portion of the parts of that car today. I have no intent to sell either of my cars as long as they continue to suit my needs and I'm extremely happy with them, overall.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast