FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Steering Canopy?

My VIN:    0726

Question Steering Canopy?

My lower canopy has fallen off, i don't see any bolts,nuts or screw mounts. The PO just glued the lower to the upper. I looked on deloreans site and it looks like they have an updated set but no price. What does this mean?

http://store.delorean.com/p-10408-st...y-upr-lwr.aspx

God Bless

thanks,
    Pete Voss

vin 726

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Steering Canopy?

The upper half is supposed to brass threaded inserts if I recall correctly. Does yours still have them or just large holes where they used to be?
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    0726

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    The upper half is supposed to brass threaded inserts if I recall correctly. Does yours still have them or just large holes where they used to be?

hmmm, i haven't looked. I'll look tomorrrow, i would still need the proper screws right?

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Steering Canopy?

Yes, but it depends what you find with the condition of the nut inserts. Whether they are missing or the plastic is split where they should be molded into the plastic. You can look on the DMCH website to see what screws were called out.

Ken Koncelic the DCS guy had these parts remanufactured several years ago. Unfortunately his web store shows them as out of stock. Which means they are not likely to be rerun anytime soon.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 03-30-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

We have one pair of these reproduction steering column canopies left in stock. We also have some used ones and can repair the threaded areas if you prefer.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by ILM1010 View Post
    My lower steering column canopy has fallen off, i don't see any bolts,nuts or screw mounts. The PO just glued the lower to the upper. I looked on deloreans site and it looks like they have an updated set but no price. What does this mean?

http://store.delorean.com/p-10408-st...y-upr-lwr.aspx

God Bless

thanks,
    Pete Voss

vin 726

My VIN:    1596

Club(s):   (DMA)

Bumping a 7 year old thread to see if anyone has a steering canopy they would sell me. I was balking at D Go's $200 price tag.

If nothing else, does anyone know the part number for the brass nut inserts? Thanks.