FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Shut Out Of Celebration :-(

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Shut Out Of Celebration :-(

Well, apparently I'm totally screwed on attending the Celebration Exotic Car Festival this month :-(

Tried to get registered today and was told that they are full, and even waitlisted, for the entire show, and apparently have been for over three weeks now. Could have reluctantly skipped going to the DMC open house last month and redirected things to this instead, had I had even the slightest inkling that the event would (or even COULD - they have the whole freaking downtown for Christ's sake!) sell out, but never heard anything to that effect. :-(

Kind of ironic, as it was cash flow issues from the costs of unexpected parts & maintenance needed to get ready for THIS show in the first place that caused me to have to delay the registration until now. Guess I shouldn't have replaced that window motor until NEXT month, LOL :-(

If anyone here who already IS registered can no longer go, can you PLEASE contact me directly about possibly swapping me out for your registered place in the show field, if they even allow that?

I spent more money than I have to prep, turned down other opportunities on the same day for free admission at another non-car related event that I can no longer get into as my friends there have found someone else to work their booth, had to sweet talk the boss into giving me a day off (that is now too late to cancel), and I also lose what could have been possibly my best opportunity to get my car out in front of the eyes of countless potential impulse buyers at the show.

Feeling REALLY low now, can anyone give me something to feel better about?...

My VIN:    6654

Private Message sent with suggestion.
    Thanks,
    Lenny

DMCH New Build in 2005, Stage II, DPI Stainless Exhaust, Eibach Suspension, 170 Mph Speedometer, Xenon Lights, Wings-A-Loft, DMC Wide Angle Side Mirrors, 3rd Brake Light

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    Private Message sent with suggestion.
    That was precisely the first thing I did, but no joy :-(

While it sucked not to be on the actual show field for what would likely have been my last time, it was still nice to hang out with friends, even if VIN 1150 was actually parked a block and a half down the street and around the corner...