FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 10201 Thread

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

fwiw, I wouldn't put much faith in a Carfax report on a D. Many state DMV records weren't computerized until the late 90s so anything that happedend to it before that, in terms of dealer repairs etc, won't have been captured.

The best thing is an inspection, which you have arranged, and then prioritize your spending based on those recommendations.

Out of curiosity, how may miles are on it? Do you know anything of its history before you got it (had it been stored for a prolonged period etc. Actually this is where a carfax can be useful as you can see the annual mileage between emissions if it was from a state where this was recorded)
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10201

The auto check I got had lots of emissions records in the 2000s. I also have a receipt for an oil change in 2010 showing 9964 miles. The odometer now shows 11,300 something miles. The original owner passed away in 2011 so I don't think it was driven much in recent years especially since the fuel system was redone.

Also just got my workshop manual and major service kit.

One of the doors must not have been closed properly last night since my battery is dead lol. Took the center console apart trying to trace the radio and cigar lighter problems. Found lots of corrosion around the cigar lighter.

Still not sure what is wrong with the radio though.

Searching through the forum I was able to find where the inline fuses where. One of them was blown and both were also the wrong rating. Ill get replacements but hopefully this hasnt killed the radio.

Coolant must have weakened my air intake hose cause it broke when replacing the air filter...

Ugh. Got a replacement universal air duct from oreillys. Had to get a hose clamp to keep it attached, but hopefully itll work. i just cant get this tube reconnected to the one in the pontoon.

So I decided to try to bypass that elbow joint and just connected the air duct to the pontoon seeing as how this is the "cold air intake" people are using. It took a long time but i got the stove out. I was fighting some heavily rusted bolts. Funny how changing the air filter turned into a rather long project. Wrestling those bolts and using non ratcheting wrenches really eats up a lot of time.

I refilled the coolant bottle and got started on the interior again. Center console instrumentation is hooked up again and I fished out the defrost light. I couldnt get the air vents lined up right so Ill be sticking them in the freezer overnight as suggested by other members.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by mr_maxime View Post
    I refilled the coolant bottle and got started on the interior again. Center console instrumentation is hooked up again and I fished out the defrost light. I couldnt get the air vents lined up right so Ill be sticking them in the freezer overnight as suggested by other members.
    We stretch them over a large plastic hammer overnight.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Hopefully this works. Id have to look for something to stretch them with. i only had a set of wrenches before I bought the car so ive been slowly buying tools.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast