FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 10201 Thread

My VIN:    10201

Andy blackmon and I will be meeting up this weekend to look over it.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Let us know how it works out!
    BTW, I've met Andy and he's a Great guy and very knowledgeable about DeLoreans.

I never did catch, What part of Alabama are you in?

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

I live by lake purdy in birmingham.

Lot of thanks to Andy and DMC Dave. Andy helped me figured out what it wasnt and Dave pointed me in the right direction. The wire that goes to the ignition coil from the yellow plug came unseated and wasnt making contact. I seated it back in and the car fired right up.

I had fun hanging out with Dave and talking about Deloreans. He was the 2nd person to suggest I get the chrome wheels lol. He let me drive his Stage 2 and damn that feels nice. Sounds a lot better too.

Mostly Harmless... refugeefromcalif's Avatar

My VIN:    6599

Great that it's running again! (I tend to double check and re-seat my bulkhead connectors around once a month).

When you say DMC Dave, are you talking about calling DMCMW Dave Swingle?

Andy's done some Nice things to personalize his car.
    Did Andy tell you too Punch It when driving his Stage 2? (He told me that when I drove it, and I wished I had now)...

George
    George.

1974 BMW RS90 motorcycle
    1981 DeLorean. Cruise Control, Wings-A-Loft, Eibach springs, Spax shocks, Stage1 exhaust, Manual, Grey and Grooved, LED clock and fixed pulls.
    1993 del Sol S (With a Few, Upgrades)
    2017 Chrysler Pacifica Limited

My VIN:    03572

One of those pins in the yellow bulkhead connector is spaced to far. You can use a little jewelers screwdriver to close the ends up. It may be intermittent if left like that.

I like to keep a pin and socket on a heavy wire to use for testing each pin tension. I do the same for relay socket pins.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Lol yeah he told me to punch it. Still not used to driving a manual very well though and his gated shifter was throwing me off. Also yes I mean DMCMW Dave.

I'll probably go back and check all of the bulkhead connectors now. I also got through cutting the faceplate for the radio but I need to cut more out. I went conservative with it at with.

Found another loose connector. I think the wire goes to the ballast resistor.

So i got the radio installed, man that was the worst one Ive ever done. Drilled a new hole in the metal bracket to hold it in place, had a slightly less rough time with the AC vent boots. Did a test in the morning before I put the console back in and sound only came out of the left side. When I actually went to work on it, quickly noticed my aux cable was damaged. Since my casette player was broken, this will be the first time I get to drive my delorean blasting synthwave. It feels like everything in my life has been leading up to this. So excited about tomorrow. Also will get a picture then.

I could have driven it tonight but I didnt want to hit another tire since it was dark by the time I got done with everything.

Here's a pic of the new radio. It's been working pretty great, being able to finally listen to synthwave. One of the speakers kept cutting out before and this is no longer an issue.

I also bought these on ebay http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjE4WDE2MDA=/z/h2kAAOSwnDZUBSTN/$_57.JPG They should hopefully be here before the SEDOC meeting.

Major work started at my dads house. I started stripping the paint last weekend. I got at least 80% of it removed now. Got plenty of things to fix now. I'll be fixing the broken studs in the front spoiler. I got plenty of parts being prepared for powder coating. I'll get the broken studs fixed on the rock screen as well. Hopefully I can meet up with sound killer soon and fix the driver front fender. I'll be finally wiring the led halo in my headlights while I'm here.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast