FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: ASI Radio functions

ASI Radio functions

Does anyone have the operator's manual for the ASI stereo radio? I can't seem to be able to figure out how to set the clock time or program the presets.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Does anyone have the operator's manual for the ASI stereo radio? I can't seem to be able to figure out how to set the clock time or program the presets.
    There are two holes, one on the lower left and one on the lower right by the buttons. Use a toothpick to push them. The one on the left is hours and the one on the right is minutes. To program the presets manually tune a station, press the ME button for 1 second so the "M" appears in the display, and then press a preset button till the "M" disappears in the display. Be aware, if you have a battery master switch and you turn it off you will lose your time and presets. I have copies of the ASI manual if you need one. PM me. There is a way to wire the radio so you keep your presets even if you shut off the battery.
    David Teitelbaum

ASI Radio functions

Thanks David, I wouldn't have guessed that those small holes had any function at all. They worked just as you indicated, thanks again.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

As a side note, my Craig has (H) and (M) button holes on the face. Yet I've see several cars with the Craig radio that does not have them. No clue as to how the time is set on those. Mine is super easy.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    16306

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    As a side note, my Craig has (H) and (M) button holes on the face. Yet I've see several cars with the Craig radio that does not have them. No clue as to how the time is set on those. Mine is super easy.
    Those were probably the earlier Craig's that did not have a clock integrated, and had an external clock located next to the rheostat/dimmer knob instead.

My VIN:    5180

ASI Radio functions

When I got my car 21 years ago, the Craig display did not work. I bought a new one from a DMC vendor back then. I never gave it any thought that the old radio didn't have a clock. I just assumed it did. I guess I should go see if I can find the old one to see if it had time set buttons.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    When I got my car 21 years ago, the Craig display did not work. I bought a new one from a DMC vendor back then. I never gave it any thought that the old radio didn't have a clock. I just assumed it did. I guess I should go see if I can find the old one to see if it had time set buttons.
    Most cars with Craigs had the clock in the console. There are a few that had the clock in the console AND in the Craig. ASI radio cars don't have the console clock, although anything is possible.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC