FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Toby Tabs: New in package, ebay auction.

My VIN:    4984 '81 5 sd Grey int "Sold" 2021

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Obviously not:

Rules aren't a la carte. You walk into our community trying to take advantage of people and then quote rules back to us, expect to be shit on.
    Hmmm. I think we're all big boys here, but maybe not, and really doubt that anyone believes I expect to take advantage of you or anyone else.... but if you feel someone, "me" is trying to take advantage of anyone here, I sincerely apologize for making you feel that way. Good point on the rules, with your help, I'll reach 20 posts. In the mean-time: "Shit Away".... I won't take it personally, but I'll take my dumps in the restroom and not make it personal.
    Last edited by funkstuf; 04-14-2015 at 11:59 AM.

One of those purists you keep hearing about. sdg3205's Avatar

My VIN:    thirty two 'o five

Chris, chill out.

To reiterate what he said, Dale is a long time owner and member of the PNDC. He's an events director with one the oldest DMC clubs in existence. He's a great guy and I've had the pleasure of participating in a number of events with him. He's not greedy, nor does he deserve to be "shit on."

As you know, there's more to this DMC life that just DMCTalk. The rules we're forgotten by both parties here. Dale is being polite, you're not.

The TABs are his, he can ask whatever he wants. No one has to buy them, but for the record, parts we devalue here in North America are often invaluable or highly sought overseas in any number of places.
    Dave

Here, somewhere.

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    He's not greedy, nor does he deserve to be "shit on."
    Someone who smugly quotes rules while breaking the same rules probably does. Up until that happened, I'd have agreed with you on the last point, but seeing as how this thread broke rules from the get-go, it wasn't ever a legitimate "for sale" post to begin with.

And sorry, charging $700 for a pair of bolts is straight-up greedy no matter how you slice it. He could be a really nice guy, and probably is. Doesn't change one bit what's happening here, especially by trying to justify the massively inflated price by calling it a "museum piece" that I maybe can't afford to put on my shelf. (You obviously missed that edit of his. Not as polite as you think, FYI.) I had an original DMC Craig radio that I could have sold for a fair chunk of cash, but instead I gave it away to a fellow forum member. Because I like this community.

But you're right. They're his, and he's free to charge whatever he wants. And people should also be free to buy the equivalents from DMCMW and support people who AREN'T trying to shaft their customers.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by sdg3205 View Post
    Chris, chill out.

To reiterate what he said, Dale is a long time owner and member of the PNDC. He's an events director with one the oldest DMC clubs in existence. He's a great guy and I've had the pleasure of participating in a number of events with him. He's not greedy, nor does he deserve to be "shit on."

As you know, there's more to this DMC life that just DMCTalk. The rules we're forgotten by both parties here. Dale is being polite, you're not.

The TABs are his, he can ask whatever he wants. No one has to buy them, but for the record, parts we devalue here in North America are often invaluable or highly sought overseas in any number of places.
    Well put!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Someone who smugly quotes rules while breaking the same rules probably does. Up until that happened, I'd have agreed with you on the last point, but seeing as how this thread broke rules from the get-go, it wasn't ever a legitimate "for sale" post to begin with.
    Everything you say has a smug tone to it to say the least. Quit harassing this guy.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

And sorry, charging $700 for a pair of bolts is straight-up greedy no matter how you slice it. He could be a really nice guy, and probably is. Doesn't change one bit what's happening here, especially by trying to justify the massively inflated price by calling it a "museum piece" that I maybe can't afford to put on my shelf. (You obviously missed that edit of his. Not as polite as you think, FYI.) I had an original DMC Craig radio that I could have sold for a fair chunk of cash, but instead I gave it away to a fellow forum member. Because I like this community.

But you're right. They're his, and he's free to charge whatever he wants. And people should also be free to buy the equivalents from DMCMW and support people who AREN'T trying to shaft their customers.
    The museum piece thought didn't come from me it came from a DMCtalk post by DMC museum on 9/10/2013 where I quote from that post: "The Museum is pleased to offer this extremely rare set of Toby TABs" They proceeded to sell a pair for over $900 and referred in that post to a pair that sold for over $700 in another ebay auction. Not necessarily my opinion, but I'll leave it to the experts and the auctions to define what's "rare" and the value of the product. I don't take it at all personally that you don't see that value in them, or that you don't want to pay that much for them, or that you don't want them on your shelf, etc. etc. The fact that they sold for over $900 in one auction and over $700 in another is not my fault... really... it's not my fault.... That being said, I'm certainly sorry if you or anyone else feels that I personally was trying to over-inflate the value because I'm not. It wasn't me that gave them that value, it was the auctions and what they sold for. It's not my fault.... However, if you really feel the need to blame it all on me, or if you just feel better blaming me, I understand, .... I'm ok with it. That's about as polite as I can say it...

My VIN:    VIN 5120

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Everything you say has a smug tone to it to say the least. Quit harassing this guy.
    Chris, you absolutely know nothing about this man nor anything about his character! I have known Dale for nearly 20 years and he is a close friend. In fact it was he that got me to appreciate these fine cars and get into this hobby. It has nothing to do about greed or trying to scam anyone on this forum and that's a fact! I was the one that told him about the prior sales and ridiculous prices that have been paid for those TABs and I told him to post those on Ebay! So....if you "want to" or "feel the need" to get pissed at anyone you should probably direct it to me. Granted, he may not frequent this site that often but you have no idea how busy this guy is and everything he is involved with.

Even if someone on Ebay pays that price or higher, his intent is to turn around and spend that money on more parts. What does that do??? It will ultimately benefit the vendors! I can tell you the vendors will love Ole' Dale over the next few months because he taking one of his DeLoreans (Yes, one of the 3 that he owns) that caught fire and is completely restoring it. I say at a minimum at least back off on your unwarranted and ridiculous replies.
    -Jeff

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    5003 Never placed Concourse

Club(s):   (DCF)

Maybe not everyone is aware of how much these damn bolts have sold for over the past few years. I for one have not seen them sell for any cheap price whatsoever, and that is when they actually do surface for sale somewhere. I'll be honest, I wasn't shocked at all with the asking price...
    -----Dan B.

Quote Originally Posted by dn010 View Post
    Maybe not everyone is aware of how much these damn bolts have sold for over the past few years. I for one have not seen them sell for any cheap price whatsoever, and that is when they actually do surface for sale somewhere. I'll be honest, I wasn't shocked at all with the asking price...
    Good point, Let's cut Accipiter (Chris) some slack. He's obviously not that familiar with the Toby Tabs and their selling history, and he rightly pointed out that I didn't have 20 posts here. Will mine sell for as much as the others? Maybe not, and that's ok too. If not, I'll keep them in my own little Delorean museum. I'm a collector, not a vendor anyway, just thought the price they've been bringing was quite interesting. I kind of like having my unopened package of Toby Tabs on my shelf.
    Last edited by funkstuf; 04-14-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast