FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Hissem time machine

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I actually like the unsync'd pulsing. Of course knowing you used christmas lights, now im gonna be hearing jungle bells when I see that...lol
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    07000

Same here. I don't think energy can flow at the same pace coming in from different sources or channels, and it lends a more organic feel to thing, plus it's smooth like energy flowing vs the flashing of 3 LED's in the Diamond Select version.

My VIN:    4665

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    This was well written from at the spur of the moment interview. I would like to clear up some minor facts that are mentioned. The title says it is a "perfect replica". That is misleading. I never did say that it was a perfect replica or a good replica. I usually address it as a good representation of what it is supposed to be. The biggest question I get is how I was able to make it look so close or how I got the info to doing this. I explain that Mark D is a co-worker, and he has shared enough info to do what I needed to know. I then used what resorses I had available and without spending too much money. The result is what I came up with. It also means that there is a lot of detail but the wrong detail in most cases. The reactions with most people are overwhelming and are not trained to spot the fake and inaccurate detail. All they see are the highlights and amazing "false detail". When you study anything authentic, you can easily spot the counterfeit. I have had a few people point out to me some details, and usually they are close to being wrong in what ever it is in the movie. There were some cases, that they point out something, and they were write. Then I will go into the reason of why I did what I did, but that is rare. I know the reporter didn't remember everything I said. He was writing what about how the experience was at that car show. I will always be just one of those guys who is just living out a dream and having fun. I always give credit for where I am today to those who took the time to share their knowledge. All I did was to do my best with what I have. To some, it is too much to comprehend achieving such a goal and dream, and that's where they might think it is the real thing.
    Basically, I don't want this article to be exaggerating or misleading in the area of "perfect/accurate replica"

Flux Band Cable

I decided to upgrade the cable that goes from the front Flux Band that wraps around the wheel fender and under the body, then back up to the engine bay. I originally used a 1/2in. OD vinyl hose and used custom made stainless steel clips that clip the the fenders. Now I replaced that with a self-holding-shaped cable that holds its shape close tight to the body with no clips on the stainless panels. I bought 1/2in OD flexible copper tubing and 3/4in OD black vinyl hose. I slid the black hose over the copper piping and hand formed the shape it needed to be that goes around the car. It worked remarkably well!!! The back vinyl hose is soft touch to the body and tight to the body with no vibration as I drive. I did use two clips that are wedged under the back molding where it is screwed to the body to hold the cable up. This is great alternative to what I had before and no harm done to the car.
    Attached Images

Cool...and no holes in the fender?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Cool...and no holes in the fender?
    That's right. NO HOLES IN THE FENDERs. The first set of photos at the beginning of my thread shows how I used clips for the cable around the fenders. I never drilled any holes any where. I was debating with myself of how to originally do this. Now I wish I did this when I first converted the car. It looks much better than it did before, and with a clean conscience of undefiled body fenders.

Cool. Ive often considered some sorta non destructive removable thing. Hope to see yours in person some time.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6