FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hissem time machine

My VIN:    5754

Daily time travel ride

Here are some videos I made on a typical day as I was going to work and leaving work.

https://youtu.be/vFSxT-1VQ-c

https://youtu.be/ETDwX_XGdeM

https://youtu.be/Cn60mMgA3Ic

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Wow..very cool. Awesome that its reversible too. My only complaint is that its not mine..lol

Love the solution for the bands.

One person mentioned doing it with rear windows still in and while it would bring a different look, a series of thin supports could be looped to clamp onto the body along the top, and then disguised as part of the machine....sure it would be an accurate look, but it may work. Maybe I'll do a render of the idea...but i couldnt fabricate my way out of a paper bag...hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Quote Originally Posted by Hissem View Post
    Here are some videos I made on a typical day as I was going to work and leaving work.

https://youtu.be/vFSxT-1VQ-c
    I see in the first video, you're not wearing your seat belt. On your Flux Capacitor where it says "Shield Eyes From Light", I suppose you don't do that either!
    : )

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    I see in the first video, you're not wearing your seat belt. On your Flux Capacitor where it says "Shield Eyes From Light", I suppose you don't do that either!

I took a good hard look at this video to see or not to see the seat belt. I always wear a seat belt, and it does look like a wear a seat belt. If you open the video to full screen, you can see the seat belt when I turn off the rear dome light. my under shirt is the same color as the seat belt.
    It would also seam that the flux capacitor has been upgraded with a safer viewing shield...wishful thinking.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Wow..very cool. Awesome that its reversible too. My only complaint is that its not mine..lol

Love the solution for the bands.

One person mentioned doing it with rear windows still in and while it would bring a different look, a series of thin supports could be looped to clamp onto the body along the top, and then disguised as part of the machine....sure it would be an accurate look, but it may work. Maybe I'll do a render of the idea...but i couldnt fabricate my way out of a paper bag...hehe.
    I am trying to retain side glasses. Perhaps flux bands could be attached where the louver hinges attach...

I just finished my DeLorean time machine replica or "close representation" of the time machine. I live in Appleton, WI, so this part of the country has one now driving around town and time. I made this time machine conversion to disassemble back to stock condition. I did not make any alterations to the car. I just used what existing to work with.
    I have owned the car since Sept. of 2013. I did a full chassis rebuild from Jan. 2014-July 2014. I drove it till Nov. where I did a full brake rebuild. From Dec. to March I did the time machine work.
    Any questions of thoughts, let me know, and I will try to be more active on this forum.
    Hello
    I love what you have done. Would you have any interest in reproducing/ selling any of these props for fellow enthusiasts?
    Thanks
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by cpistocco View Post
    Hello
    I love what you have done. Would you have any interest in reproducing/ selling any of these props for fellow enthusiasts?
    Thanks
    Charlie
    I do have some areas of skill to reproduce parts. There isn't much I can do that is 100% accurate. I am good with sheet metal. What parts exactly are you thinking of?

I do have some areas of skill to reproduce parts. There isn't much I can do that is 100% accurate. I am good with sheet metal. What parts exactly are you thinking of?
    I am interested in the exhaust vents and engine cover. What kind of metal did you use?

My VIN:    07000

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post

I like the effect of the Flux Capacitor personallly with what looks like actual energy coursing through the tubes, aside from not being in sync, but it looks more "flowy ". How'd you create that?

Quote Originally Posted by Timebender View Post
    I like the effect of the Flux Capacitor personallly with what looks like actual energy coursing through the tubes, aside from not being in sync, but it looks more "flowy ". How'd you create that?
    I started out using white LED Christmas lights for the FC. After a year I have updated the FC with ice cycle Christmas lights tubes. They are much better than the ones I started with. I know the tubes are not lighting up synchronized, and that is just the nature of those lights. There is a different beauty to it that could have a scientific explanation. I also used a LED Christmas lights for the S.I.D panel. Those I had to go on line to find the right amount of lights in one string that is able to connect multiple strings. I also used Christmas lights in the sealing panel. Here is a youtube video of all the lights on. https://youtu.be/vFSxT-1VQ-c By the way...I always wear my seat belt. I know you cant see it in the video, but I am wearing my seat belt. I was wear two shirts, so the outer shirt must be covering up the belt. The last thing I need is to give a cop a reason to pull me over.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast