FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hissem time machine

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My VIN:    5754

Hissem time machine

I just finished my DeLorean time machine replica or "close representation" of the time machine. I live in Appleton, WI, so this part of the country has one now driving around town and time. I made this time machine conversion to disassemble back to stock condition. I did not make any alterations to the car. I just used what existing to work with.
    I have owned the car since Sept. of 2013. I did a full chassis rebuild from Jan. 2014-July 2014. I drove it till Nov. where I did a full brake rebuild. From Dec. to March I did the time machine work.
    Any questions of thoughts, let me know, and I will try to be more active on this forum.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    07000

Nice work! I like how you hung the flux bands off those brackets from the back instead of screwing holders in the body panels. Very clever.

My VIN:    04915

I like your car. Welcome to the forum.
    Jack Skeens

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This is definitely a style of time machine conversion that I can get behind!! I've always been in love with the idea of of a reversible conversion. I may favorite this for later because I love some of your creativity. The flux bands are especially clever!

My VIN:    6631

Club(s):   (AZ-D)

Wow! Really well done! I like the integrated side markers in the flux boxes up front and the fact that you can still roll your windows down Awesome!

Sweet merciful heavens in the highest, that is awesome! And I thought I had a "21st century time machine". This really takes the cake for that title! Very modern and sleek right there. I guess it's time for me to step it up a notch (jk )

Maybe I'm missing it in the pics, but where do you have everything mounting to the car? I'd like to do flux bands on mine without drilling any holes, and your approach looks superb! Ditto for mounting the hardware by the rear winows. I can see you made some brackets, but can't tell where they attach.

EDIT: I think I figured out the rear windows -- looks like you made platforms for them and mounted it with one bracket each maybe? Or is there more? Really digging this setup.
    Last edited by Shep; 04-18-2015 at 09:10 AM.

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Matt, Nice inverview and good story. Well done showing the best qualities of being not only a Time Machine owner, but even "just" a regular DeLorean owner. It's a car show wherever we go.

My VIN:    4941

Your car is beautiful, and you are an artist. I would like to do something like what you did with one exception. I would try to retain the rear quarter glasses with my conversion.. This way you can truly have the best of both worlds.

My VIN:    5754

That would be a big challenge to do a conversion with the corner windows still in place and to try to mount full flux bands. You might be able to do that if you tap into the black vent between the window and door. That would mean taking off the whole back panels to remove the black vent and replace it with a bracket that can hold the flux band. That would do that job getting best of both worlds without drilling into the body. It would be more work though. It was a challenging to scrape the glue out and remove the windows without braking anything. I think my car had extra glue from the previous owner.

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Hey--

I think I recognize this car!

I may be wrong and haven't seen enough BTTF cars to tell one from the other BUT the fact that it's from Wisconsin and made by a fabricator as well as a few minor details makes me believe that this is the DeLorean I saw in early November at DMC Midwest when I was shopping for cars and looking at what would eventually be my DeLorean. Again, assuming it's the same car and I'm not making a fool of myself, you pulled up to the building as I was taking a test drive.

Is this yours?

image.jpg
    Attached Images
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast