FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Hissem time machine

My VIN:    6125

Yes that is Matt's car. He hasn't logged on here in a while but I think he still reads a few threads occasionally... I'm also in Wisconsin and Matt and I work for the same company.

There was an article in our company news letter other day about him and his car:

EDIT:
    Looks like I missed Matt's post from yesterday so apparently he's still here. Glad you were able to log back in!
    Last edited by Mark D; 12-22-2015 at 08:28 AM.

My VIN:    4941

Quote Originally Posted by Hissem View Post
    That would be a big challenge to do a conversion with the corner windows still in place and to try to mount full flux bands. You might be able to do that if you tap into the black vent between the window and door. That would mean taking off the whole back panels to remove the black vent and replace it with a bracket that can hold the flux band. That would do that job getting best of both worlds without drilling into the body. It would be more work though. It was a challenging to scrape the glue out and remove the windows without braking anything. I think my car had extra glue from the previous owner.
    Thanks for the tip. I guess I am thinking about being as least invasive as possible.

My VIN:    5754

Quote Originally Posted by Peripatetic View Post
    Hey--

I think I recognize this car!

I may be wrong and haven't seen enough BTTF cars to tell one from the other BUT the fact that it's from Wisconsin and made by a fabricator as well as a few minor details makes me believe that this is the DeLorean I saw in early November at DMC Midwest when I was shopping for cars and looking at what would eventually be my DeLorean. Again, assuming it's the same car and I'm not making a fool of myself, you pulled up to the building as I was taking a test drive.

Is this yours?

Attachment 38729
    Yes This is the same car you saw that day I drove up at DMC Midwest. I was leaving the car there for the week to get the windshield replaced. I had bought it with the windshield cracked. That was one thing I could not do myself. I had done a full frame off restoration two years earlier and the time machine conversion over last winter.

I just finished my DeLorean time machine replica or "close representation" of the time machine. I live in Appleton, WI, so this part of the country has one now driving around town and time. I made this time machine conversion to disassemble back to stock condition. I did not make any alterations to the car. I just used what existing to work with.
    I have owned the car since Sept. of 2013. I did a full chassis rebuild from Jan. 2014-July 2014. I drove it till Nov. where I did a full brake rebuild. From Dec. to March I did the time machine work.
    Any questions of thoughts, let me know, and I will try to be more active on this forum.
    I started out with the plutonium reactor on my car all summer long. I then had to convert to the Mr. Fusion by Oct. 21st. I could not go further into the future without the Mr. Fusion. I made it easy to make the quick switch over by taking the top hubcap section of the reactor off and bolting on the Mr. Fusion. The base still shows the nuclear reactor with the Mr. Fusion on top, so it is a mix of both 1st and 2nd movies. I just like to looks of the reactor. I also was able to get my input time display to function. I have to give my uncle full credit for making that work for me. It functions just as in the movie with a little twist. The center "present" time is an actual working clock with date. It has a big watch battery that is always keeping time while the display is off. It is hooked up to the the main time switch, so it is activated lust as in the movie. My uncle is a retired computer engineer, and he said that making this was the hardest computer challenge he had ever taken on. He also lives in Arizona while I live in Wisconsin, so were were working together on this long distance. The whole device worked with not issues, and he made one for himself.
    Attached Images

Christopher Lloyd in my car

I had the privilege to have Christopher Lloyd "Doc Brown" sit and sign my car at an appearance at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee.
    Attached Images

Christopher Lloyd still time traveling

I was expecting to see Christopher Lloyd at any moment, but when I turned around, there he was ready to climb into my car.
    Attached Images

My VIN:    10322

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Lucky!! I was going to try to have him sign my glove box lid, but the staff wouldn't let me.

I got a signed poster and a picture, so it was not a bad night at all.

You mentioned on the day that the conversion was reversible. Do you switch back and forth often?
    http://www.artgemsjewelers.com/
    Fine Geek Jewelry.

If the above post was DeLorean related it should be noted that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Tumblr: Going88 || Instagram: Going.88

I have not reversed the car back to stock. It is too much fun leaving it this way. If in the far future that the BTTF franchise fades away and no one cares about the movie or time machine, then the option of going back to stock would be available to do. I have no intention of doing that. It would take some time do that, perhaps a few hours with some help.
    I am glad you got a pic with Doc. I was not able to pose with him and the car. He sat, smiled, and signed my car, then left. I am pretty thankful in the end.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Your only 24 away from me. Just noticed this.

--Doug
    FB Page: #ProjectDelorean https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph
    Twitter: @projdelorean

"Back Before the Future"--the story before the story of a crazy dude trying to timetravel...kindof like expedia...only bumpier...

My VIN:    4941

I have not reversed the car back to stock. It is too much fun leaving it this way. If in the far future that the BTTF franchise fades away and no one cares about the movie or time machine, then the option of going back to stock would be available to do. I have no intention of doing that. It would take some time do that, perhaps a few hours with some help.
    I am glad you got a pic with Doc. I was not able to pose with him and the car. He sat, smiled, and signed my car, then left. I am pretty thankful in the end.
    BTTF will never die. You may have to keep the conversion forever!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast