FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: No Defrost

My VIN:    5557

No Defrost

So I have no defrost. Have center console removed, made sure all vac hoses are conected right and nothing. When defrost is selected I have air coming out the foot well vents. Everything else is functioning properly. Does it have something to do with the actuator? image.jpgtOr is there something else up? Driving me nuts even though I don't need it out here in Vegas.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by axlealex View Post
    So I have no defrost. Have center console removed, made sure all vac hoses are conected right and nothing. When defrost is selected I have air coming out the foot well vents. Everything else is functioning properly. Does it have something to do with the actuator? image.jpgtOr is there something else up? Driving me nuts even though I don't need it out here in Vegas.
    Get out your Workshop Manual and look at N:01:09, :08:15, and :09:05 Problems like this usually start with the Mode switch. Has it ever been rebuilt? Do you have vacuum on the switch? BTW you can only have vacuum when the motor is running.
    David Teitelbaum

Thanks for the reply. Pretty sure mode switch is still original unmodified. It's getting vacuum, all others working. Checked the repair Manual, and performed oops as stated. Still getting little to no air through defrost vents, just footwell. Don't hear any leaks and a/c compressor kicks on as normal. Just no air getting to window. Will keep at. Is there a way to know the interior doors are working?

My VIN:    5628

Then it must be the rubber piece inside the mode switch. They dry and crack. Order a rebuild kit from Dave. You'll be glad when you do.

Fixed

I finally figured out what was wrong. So I order the mode switch rebuild as suggested and it didn't fix the problem. Well I don't need to worry about that for awhile. Out of frustration I started to open up the heating/ a/c unit to get to the flapper door and to my surprise it was stuck! Dislodged it and works as it should. I guess the heater core was replaced some time back and the tech must of hit it, along with striping screws and cutting up plastic. Problem solved, now the tedious task of putting it all back together.
    Thanks for your guys input.
    image.jpg
    Sorry. I don't know how to rotate pics.