FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Visitor recommendations needed

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Visitor recommendations needed

I am going to be in Toronto next week for a conference, driving up from Buffalo this Friday, calling in at The Falls on the way.

My wife would love to call in at a vineyard that does tours/samples, as well as a maple syrup farm, sometime over the weekend of 4/25&26

Any recommendations, preferably south of the city that we can hit on the way up?
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

Dermot,

Try having a browse through this website:

https://www.niagaraonthelake.com/page/winery-related

Niagara-on-the-lake has pretty much everything you mentioned on your list, except maybe the maple syrup part.

If you're spending any time in Niagara Falls itself, you could go treat yourself to a viewing of the embarrassment of a time machine conversion at the Louis Toussaud Wax Museum there. It really is special... and awful

Depending on how far into the city of Toronto itself you and your wife are going for the conference, there's plenty of things to do. There is another D on display at the Canadian Car Museum out in Oshawa, but that could be farther than you're intending on going.

If downtown, you might enjoy seeing Casa Loma or the ROM (Royal Ontario Museum). They put a pretty substantial Ripley's related aquarium right at the base of the CN Tower recently too, which seeing or going up the CN Tower is quite something if you've never done that either.

Plenty more to do than one weekend would permit. Start there and ask if other things are on your mind.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Thanks for the link Jonathan

We have a hotel at NF for 2 nights and then downtown Toronto for 5. We get in to NF late on Friday, so plan to spend all day Sat in the area, at the falls themselves obviously and the hotel room comes with winery tour tickets. Maybe the waxworks. And a maple syrup place.

Then drive up to the "big city" on Sunday, probably CN Tower and chinatown. Conference at the Sheraton Mon-Wed, so I won't be able to do much touristy stuff, but if anyone works downtown and wants to swing by and say Hi.

Field trip to Bowmanville on Thursday morning and then fly back on Friday.

We were last in Toronto about 10 years ago, but it has been 20 since we were at the falls or up the CN tower. My wife has memories of collecting syrup when she was a kid living there and she wants to do it again.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    3937

That sounds like a good agenda.

For the time you have downtown and in and around the hotel, you're right next to the University of Toronto which makes for some nice places to walk around on campus. If the weather is nice for you, head straight down York Street (south) to the water and they've done a nice job transforming the waterfront area/harbourfront to a touristy area with parks and shops and open spaces. If the weather isn't very nice, there are a lot of buildings all connected via an underground system and you could start at the Eaton Centre nearby and go from there. Have fun.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior