FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lazy voltmeter

My VIN:    3305

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    What can cause inaccurate volt meter reading is the dash ground circuit is common with the fuel pump ground (via the inertia switch). Putting the fuel pump ground onto it's own circuit (I used frame ground) made the dash volt gauge read correct.

If that dash ground went bad, I would think other dash issues would show. My guess is you have some bad connections close to the voltmeter circuit in the dash.
    I currently have John Hervey's fuel pump saver kit installed, and I grounded the pump directly to the radiator bracket, left side of the frame!

So this really points to the actual needle connection, does it?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ View Post
    I currently have John Hervey's fuel pump saver kit installed, and I grounded the pump directly to the radiator bracket, left side of the frame!

So this really points to the actual needle connection, does it?
    I would think your meter connections need clean up. Some of our gauges also have a shunt over the meter that would also need clean connections. I would pull the binnacle and remove the mounting nuts on all the meters and clean things up.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    3305

After replacing the alternator, the gauge was feeling very fine and was constantly over 13 V!

But lately it started to bounce once again up and down with no reason I think I'm gonna pull out the binnacle... AGAIN

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2