FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Bad news on my pontoon

My VIN:    5628

Bad news on my pontoon

So my e-brake slipped a cable and I pulled the driver's seat out....while under the car I discovered that there is a huge crack running along side the driver's side and when you push on the seat, the whole floor under the seat flexes.

The car appears to have been have been severely scraped along the bottom like it jumped a curb at one time ( not by me)....I am beside myself at this point. I though the drivers seat wiggled due to loose bolts but that was not the case.

The question is, what do I do now? I could really use some advice. Can the fiberglass be repaired?

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Seeing that you are in Texas, you could take it to DMCH for inspection and repair.

OR, are there lakes in San Antonio? Any experienced fiberglass worker (boat hull repair comes to mind) should be able to fix it.
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880

My VIN:    5482

Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    So my e-brake slipped a cable and I pulled the driver's seat out....while under the car I discovered that there is a huge crack running along side the driver's side and when you push on the seat, the whole floor under the seat flexes.

The car appears to have been have been severely scraped along the bottom like it jumped a curb at one time ( not by me)....I am beside myself at this point. I though the drivers seat wiggled due to loose bolts but that was not the case.

The question is, what do I do now? I could really use some advice. Can the fiberglass be repaired?
    Post a couple of pics so we can see what exactly you're talking about.

Fiberglass can be repaired. I was able to repair a small crack in my pontoon on the driver side. Here's a couple of posts from my repair a couple years back. http://dmctx.blogspot.com/2012/08/progress-report.html
    http://dmctx.blogspot.com/2012/08/i-...plish-lot.html
    Jeff

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick C View Post

OR, are there lakes in San Antonio? Any experienced fiberglass worker (boat hull repair comes to mind) should be able to fix it.
    Boat repair people are the best at this, typically the repair will look better than the rest of the body. Since this is somewhat structural you want a good solid repair, not just something to hide the crack.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    5628

Dave there is a boat place not far from my work I will stop there during lunch and talk to them. I will also be calling you tomorrow I need some tire rod ends as well as the left front wheel dust cap For the speedometer. I did manage to fix the e-brake- now it works But still have no speedo. i'm fairly certain it's the angle drive but I left my jack at work so I won't be able to pull the tire until tomorrow night then I'll know for sure if it's the Angle drive or just the dust cap. Even if the dust Is at fault it probably means there's a lot of drag happening in the angle drive.

My VIN:    4608- sold 4885- current

Quote Originally Posted by djdogbone View Post
    Dave there is a boat place not far from my work I will stop there during lunch and talk to them. I will also be calling you tomorrow I need some tire rod ends as well as the left front wheel dust cap For the speedometer. I did manage to fix the e-brake- now it works But still have no speedo. i'm fairly certain it's the angle drive but I left my jack at work so I won't be able to pull the tire until tomorrow night then I'll know for sure if it's the Angle drive or just the dust cap. Even if the dust Is at fault it probably means there's a lot of drag happening in the angle drive.
    Dago call Jacks Paint and Body in NB. They did some work on a jetski and a couple boats of mine (I suck at driving) and theyre top notch.