FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Stainless Parts and Fascia

My VIN:    16995

Club(s):   (DCF)

Any chance you could post a picture of the passenger side door?

Door Pictures.....

The passenger side door has a small but somewhat unpleasant ripple in it. It hardly seems noticeable in the pictures but it's there. (maybe I should down play it ....) I don't know if the local Delorean Boys can clean it up especially with the super star stainless European wizard flying into town. Of course, I know nothing about metal work. If you need more photos let me know, the sun was starting to set and my wife wanted me to clean up the garden. (oh, I didn't clean up the garden).
    2015-06-04 08.09.00.jpg 2015-06-04 08.09.06.jpg 2015-06-04 08.09.13.jpg 2015-06-04 08.09.23.jpg 2015-06-04 08.09.33.jpg 2015-06-04 08.09.47.jpg 2015-06-04 08.10.13.jpg 2015-06-04 08.10.38.jpg

If you are interested, I may take some more pictures tomorrow. My vision sucks but you can hardly see the little ripple in these pictures and I am not interested in selling something without the buyer being completely confident about what they are getting.

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebarbeque View Post
    The rear fascia has been sold.
    ...to someone else after agreeing with me on a price for both fascias and the steering wheel. I'm willing to believe mine is an isolated incident, but felt I should mention it anyway....heads-up.
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 06-06-2015 at 01:18 AM.

You May Be Right But...

Don't really want to get in a pissing match but ..... your last email was dated the 2nd and stated you would get back to me the next day. You did not. I did not take item off of eBay and a buyer made an offer and sent money on the morning of the 4th. I fail to see how that is my error. I'm sorry it did not work out but your dates were crystal clear, in fact, I was reluctant to sell to the new buyer but numerous people go back and forth with me and never consummate a deal. (I sold the part for less money to this new buyer after I waited for your follow up contact as instructed in the email dated June 2nd) Be clear - I sold it for less - it would hardly behoove me to blow you off to make less money.

Now - while I am a little angry (technically, very angry). I would be more than glad to make a deal with you on the other parts for a lower price. (squeezing the last dollar out of these parts is not my goal - I will be very happy to get a fair price so someone can use the parts)

My VIN:    4519

Agreed....no need for a pissing match. Yes, on 6/2 I did say I'd get back to you the next day, but please include the remainder of that statement: "I'll get back with you tomorrow, I want to look over your other parts in case there's something else I want/need." I also asked how you'd prefer payment.

More importantly (on 6/2) was this: "Sounds good, consider it a deal.......etc." To me, it was a done deal, man. I assumed you're familiar with busy schedules and there wouldn't be an issue that I went to the following day, that part was my fault and I apologize.

I'm not looking to start a bunch of shit by posting this, and I'm willing to believe mine is an isolated incident, but I still feel it should be known here (that a parts transaction went awry.) And dude, not to beat a dead horse, but I'm baffled as to why you'd sell a part for a lower price when in my last two emails I asked how you'd prefer payment.

Bygones be bygones, I do appreciate the offer....that's admirable and I might take you up on it for the steering wheel. The rear fascia is all I really needed; I was only going to buy the front to ensure a no-hassle paint color match.

Thanks for the reply,

Rich
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 06-06-2015 at 01:54 PM.

My VIN:    2483

Is the frame still for sale?

I have tried to PM you a few times and have not got any response.

If it is still available I would to talk with you about it and check it out.

I do live in Chicago so I could get to wherever you are easy enough.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Where are you located?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4