FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stainless Parts and Fascia

well

It appears the boys in Texas are selling one of these for ~ $33.00 but it includes the bulb and harness and all I have is the lens. So....$12.50 for one or $25.00 for both? Maybe thats too much, how about $11.50 for one and $20.00 for both. Very pretty piece worth at least 10 times that amount. Of course, you will have to pay shipping - they are light (ha..) and small so I am guessing shipping is around $3.00 - no mark up, whatever the post office charges me. (PS, if my number is too high just make me an offer - I hate getting rid of these things because they are so cute but...just let me know)

2005-10-01 00.00.00-62.jpg2005-10-01 00.00.00-63.jpg2005-10-01 00.00.00-64.jpg

Frickin adorable!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlebarbeque View Post
    I hate getting rid of these things because they are so cute
    If you want to keep 'em, keep 'em. Don't want to take something forcefully.

I can't tell of you're joking or serious there, but if you do want to sell, I'll take 'em both for $25 shipped. Send me a PM or shoot me an email (address on this page) and we can work out the details.

all yours

they are all yours
    email sent as requested

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Do you mind me asking the VIN of this car being parted out, so we know it's given its parts to help others live
    Truthfully, you guys really are very helpful - anytime I can return the favor, let me know. Thanks again.
    cough, cough
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

OK

Ok
    here's the explanation on why I have not responded to VIN request.
    Someone is going to buy the frame and it will be their frame and VIN when that happens.
    And am nervous that someone could use the VIN for other purposes.
    Call me paranoid, crazy, lacking knowledge of car sales, out of my %$#@! mind if you want.
    But, having the VIN floating around just didn't sit with me as being a wise decision.
    And if I ignore the request, there is downside.
    Some people have called and with questions and I gave them the VIN so they can verify whatever it is ... they verify?
    If the vast majority of Delorean owners think I am nuts (well that wont mean anything because I am), I will post the VIN, otherwise I stil have some odd reservations about giving my VIN out to be posted. (I say again, maybe it is paranoia - but if you ask me for the VIN of my other 3 cars I wouldn't give them to you)

I feel uncomfortable submitting this post but you shamed in to this reply.

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

No problem, if you don't want to do it. It's your car. No intention of shaming anyone; my post was just a reminder in case you have missed it.

You will note that all of the responders to this thread, bar one, have listed their vins in the side panel, and this is common across delorean forums worldwide.

Due to the rise of carfax et al, it is becoming increasingly common just to list the full vin, for any car, in the ad - just look at all the ebay ads for any make or model car. Keeps every one honest. In the D's case, the VIN is attached to the fiberglass tub, not the metal frame, and by posting it here, you may help a future owner from purchasing a "ringer" down the line, where some nefarious Dick Dastardly type person rebuilds the tub and claims it's "one careful lady owner".

But no-one will black-list you if you don't want to do it, so don't worry about that.
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Wheels Rims and...Tires

Took the wheels off. Had local auto guy separate tire from rim to review quality. Mostly look very good with one exception. 1 rim has exterior ... something...wearing....scuffing....deterioration. No dents on interior and other 3 have no exterior damage other than the paint or coating disintegrating.
    For sale. Tires and rims. 2 go on the front and 2 go on the rear or you can really do what you want once you buy them. Sold rear fascia by the way. And....my associate stepped on the right rear fender....blind son of a &^%#$ just backed up and stepped on it. So I am knocking 8% off of price. Rims can be sold separately, as a set, with tires, without, Crocs in picture not included.

2015-06-03 00.31.14.jpg2015-06-03 00.31.20.jpg2015-06-03 00.31.41.jpg2015-06-03 00.31.56.jpg

2015-06-03 00.32.02.jpg2015-06-03 00.32.35.jpg2015-06-04 02.03.51.jpg2015-06-04 02.04.10.jpg

2015-06-04 02.04.15.jpg2015-06-04 02.04.23.jpg

2015-06-04 02.04.40.jpg

I apologize for not getting back about VIN. I will post VIN later tonight. It was a very good explanation and I appreciate the education.

My VIN:    01785

Club(s):   (DMA)

Rear Fascia $825.00

What overall condition is the paint?
    Steve
    #01785 '81 DeLorean, Automatic with fuel flap & Black interior

they are all yours
    email sent as requested
    Responded to your email, but haven't heard back as of yet

Multiple Replies

Regarding rear fascia, as I stated in post about wheels. The rear fascia has been sold.

Re: gentleman on amber lights.
    sorry for delay, I will throw those in a USPS priority box and take them to Naperville post office tomorrow. When I come back from post office I will send an email on where to send the dough.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast