FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Today's troubles, loss of power

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrank View Post
    Perfect thanks Dave, will do, just wasn't getting into it the other night, I did have a few min to tinker this evening, air flap seems to move smooth no problems, I also pulled the injectors out and did a cup test, all seem to spray about the same, how ever have two or three with bad atomization, more just a stream. Look into having them clean first. I am loosing fuel pressure at the distributer over night

I was thinking I may just grab an updated rpm relay regardless, one less thing to think about
    Right now there is no reason to think the RPM relay is bad. When diagnosing the less you disturb the better so you can find the problem. If you mess with everything and the problem goes away you will never know what actually did it. Dirty injectors would not cause a problem that comes and goes. Try a can of Techron.
    David Teitelbaum

I was thinking I may just grab an updated rpm relay regardless, one less thing to think about
    it's so simple to check and fix them - go for it.

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Well up date, did some tinkering, check the sysgestions and nadda.
    Took the car around the block sat to get some ice cream with the wifey. Idled fine and drove dandy on the 3min drive there. On the way back (took the long way around the block) she started back into the bucking and pulsing. Was listing to it once back in the drive way (seemed to idle fine at that point) but if I gave it a quick rev and let off I was getting a small pop/back fire more or less everytime

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Well up date, did some tinkering, check the sysgestions and nadda.
    Took the car around the block sat to get some ice cream with the wifey. Idled fine and drove dandy on the 3min drive there. On the way back (took the long way around the block) she started back into the bucking and pulsing. Was listing to it once back in the drive way (seemed to idle fine at that point) but if I gave it a quick rev and let off I was getting a small pop/back fire more or less everytime
    Does it get any better once it is fully warmed up and the cooling fans have cycled?
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

Can't confirm Dave if the problem exists when the car is cold as generally by the time I'm out of the subdivsion the car has some heat in, but from what I can tell the problems not affected by heat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2