FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DeLorean Belfast reunion

My VIN:    4267

Club(s):  

DeLorean Belfast reunion

As some of you may know, Barrie Wills is hosting a 3-day event in Dunmurry/the surrounding area for former members of DMC, DMCL and several other key organisations, including Lotus, CP Trim, etc. Sunday will see and event at the Transport Musuem with a slew of owners car, as well as displays of the epo-wood prototype sculpt and one of the endurance cars. Later, everyone will be brought together in the Culloden Hotel which was the stay of choice for many former DMC members. Key players in the DeLorean saga will be interviewed on stage, historic DMC memorabilia from said members will go up for auction, and VIN 513 and a BTTF replica will be on display. Monday will feature a coach tour along the old DMC endurance route (with some DMC12s retracing that route), and Tuesday will end with a tour of the old DeLorean factory as well as rides around the newly-cleaned up test track. It's going to be pretty great.

https://www.facebook.com/DMCReunion?fref=ts

http://www.freep.com/story/money/car...ture/70459238/
    http://www.birminghampost.co.uk/busi...rebar_facebook

I'm going along to record the events on video for putting onto a DVD later this year. I hope to get some interesting stuff with cars on the test track using GoPro cameras, drone copters and the like. Until then, I'll be posting stuff on my twitter feed over the next few days - photos of the events, hopefully things like snippets from people like Colin Spoon and Barrie, and anything of interest for the people who can't go.

https://twitter.com/DeLoreanHQ

If anyone else is going, come and say hi - I will be the stressed looking guy with lots of cameras and a very understanding girlfriend in tow.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Bags are packed, car is washed and ready, I'm sitting here at half 1 in the morning trying to learn how to use a Gopro for the test track laps!

And it's pissing rain out. The car is going to be a filthy mess by the time I get to Belfast.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Club(s):  

Quote Originally Posted by MML View Post
    Bags are packed, car is washed and ready, I'm sitting here at half 1 in the morning trying to learn how to use a Gopro for the test track laps!

And it's pissing rain out. The car is going to be a filthy mess by the time I get to Belfast.
    Ha, I'm sat in the hotel recharging mine.

I completely forgot to bring a waterproof coat.

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Quote Originally Posted by matt clark View Post
    Ha, I'm sat in the hotel recharging mine.

I completely forgot to bring a waterproof coat.
    Apologies for the traditional Irish weather! :-(
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

My VIN:    6313

Just by chance I'm in N. Ireland this weekend! Lots of people already commenting on the Deloreans in the news and being seen around town.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

DeLorean Belfast reunion

I had the privilege of attending the DeLorean Workers Reunion and can honestly say it was a fantastic event. Barrie Wills, David Adams and everyone who was involved deserve a big thank you for making this happen.

I got to achieve a boyhood dream and drive my car around the test track for the first time, cant get any better than that. It was nice making the event magical for ex-employees and the current Montupet workers by taking them out for a few laps of the track.

It was great meeting so many new people and catching up those I already know. Three days of DeLorean magic...roll on Eurofest 2016!!!

Here are a few pictures for you to enjoy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993100.333638.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993153.593595.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993191.606983.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993230.525936.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993257.543503.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993287.038018.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993310.319902.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993332.793174.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993360.154305.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993388.823134.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430993438.347278.jpg
    Last edited by DMCNI; 05-07-2015 at 06:18 AM.

Awesome event! I was lucky enough to be there on Sunday, and it was amazing to meet some delorean celebrities
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

DeLorean Belfast reunion

Heres a video of how the Reunion went for those of you who couldn't make it.

http://youtu.be/877fZzSrTxw

Club(s):  

Here's a bit of video from the test track - much more to come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Cu7sDDcx7o

Thanks to MML for all the laps in has car - wanted to do that for almost 20 years!

Eurofest 2016

For anyone that missed the Workers Reunion then put a date in your diary for next year.
    Eurofest 2016 will be held from Thursday 26th to Sunday 29th May 2016 and as ever this will be a truly international event of Titanic proportions. One of the highlights will be a visit to Titanic Belfast, the world’s largest Titanic exhibition which stands at the edge of the original slipway where it was built. The authorities have given special permission for DeLorean cars to assemble on the slipway for a unique photo opportunity. And the gala banquet celebrating 35 years of our wonderful marque will be held in the Titanic Suite on the top floor which features a replica of the liner’s Grand Staircase. For anyone familiar with the HBO series Game of Thrones then you might spot someone you know as the studios where it is filmed are right next door. You can discover more at www.titanicbelfast.com

The programme for Eurofest always includes a visit back to the original DeLorean factory in Dunmurry and a chance to speak to some of the former employees. Thanks to Montupet the test track will also be available to drivers for a lap or two. Excitement is already mounting for Eurofest 2016 with the event being the last destination for the magnificent DeLorean cars from Germany who are completing their global tour. www.deloreanworldtour.com

There are some new venues to visit and further details will be announced later. Once again the Europa Hotel in downtown Belfast has been chosen as our HQ and this is also where the product fair and memorabilia display will be held. This will be the sixth time the international DeLorean community visits Ireland and whatever part of the world you live in you will be assured of some great times and wonderful hospitality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast