FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Car Shows - Awards Won and Discussion

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    I think it's classed, (informally or formally) as an exotic.
    Depends on the show and the available classes. Usually thrown among the British cars but could be orphan, could be import. Not usually exotic.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Depends on the show and the available classes. Usually thrown among the British cars but could be orphan, could be import. Not usually exotic.
    I'm sure it depends on the show and the geographical area, but besides show classifications, in my experience, the word that other people use to describe the car's class out around while driving it or discussing it is time and time again "exotic". I've never heard the word British used to describe it at all. That's what I meant by informal class.

Maybe the lack of a hard classification is part of the problem with owners of other classes that give DeLorean owners the snub....It's an exotic, it's a classic, it's rare, it's famous, it's beloved by even non-car people etc.

One of the most popular events that we show our Deloreans at in Central Florida is the Celebration Exotic Car Festival.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by blueshark66 View Post
    OK, newbie question (apologies ahead of time): What does our beloved D qualify as? Import? Domestic? Obviously an orphan. Just curious. Never thought about it before reading this thread.
    Agree with others... Depends on the show.
    I've been in Exotic, European, Import, 80s and Newer, and various variations like 80s and Newer Import, etc.

Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

I took my D to a (albeit small) car show a couple of weekends ago. It took place in the town square of a relatively upscale neighborhood. The cars there were predominantly your typical, restored muscle cars and kids with the tuner Corvettes/Mustangs/Hellcats (yawn) with neon lights and such. Nevertheless, it didn’t take long before a line was starting to form by my car where kids and the moms wanted to check out the doors and the inside and ask about flux capacitors whereas the dads wanted to know about its history, the engine swap, what I plan to do next etc.

I didn’t really expect to win anything but was pleasantly surprised to learn that I had won the “Castle Hills Pick” where the uninitiated residents, i.e. regular people themselves got to vote for their overall favorite.

It just goes to show that everyone loves a Delorean. It’s an unusual car with an interesting story that people love and want to hear more about.

Castle Hills 2016 plaque.jpg
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4