FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Shows - Awards Won and Discussion

My VIN:    16882.

Car Shows - Awards Won and Discussion

I searched and didn't see a thread specifically about awards owners have won at local car shows. I thought it would be interesting to hear about and/or see pics. of awards we pick up as we show our D's, and hear interesting stories about the particular show. I know each award I've won over the past two years has its own story, and I'm sure yours does as well. I'll start with one I won today, and I hope we can keep this thread going this year and the years to come. Thank you.

My VIN:    16882.

Today I attended the 6th annual show at a large high school in North Carolina. The show was a fundraiser for their national champion marching band and winter guard. $15 entry fee, 50/50 raffle, door prizes, vendors - the usual. This was the first show I've been to that awarded trophies - all in the past have awarded plaques or acrylic. The judges made a determination of categories after the judging and based on the cars in attendance, which was a bit unusual. In this show, I won second place in the "foreign cars" category First place went to a brand new off the showroom floor 2015 Ferrari. I had to LOL about being in the same category with that! One last interesting tidbit - a burst of wind came through and blew all of the trophies off the display table and onto the pavement. So each winner walked away with some sort of damage to their award. It was a great show overall and a good cause. 5 hour show. Wide mix of vehicles and award categories.

My VIN:    05457

I don't recall if I posted this before, and it may be a little old to be eligible for this thread, but last year at this time I won the DeLorean category at the Dixon British car show. Thanks to some sweet talking from DMC Nor Cal club president Ken we qualified for entry because we were build in Ireland and funded by the British government.

I get to show my car in the winner circle tomorrow. Very excited about it.

Here are is a photo of my car, and me (far left) with the award:

Sorry about the large images, for some reason it won't display a thumbnail for me.
    Attached Images
    David Proehl

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

awards

Kalispell, MT has three parades a year, Glacier Street rod, forth of July and the county fair.
    My wife and I were at the local library last year both wearing back to the future T-shirts and
    the head librarian ask "you guys have a DELOREAN?" How about joining the group representing
    the library? We got info about the parade times and showed up. Judging took place before the
    parade. Two ladies came over with a 30 inch tall trophy for best "antique car" It now stands
    proudly in the garage [because my wife doesn't like blue]........works for me

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by SS Spoiler View Post
    Kalispell, MT has three parades a year, Glacier Street rod, forth of July and the county fair.
    My wife and I were at the local library last year both wearing back to the future T-shirts and
    the head librarian ask "you guys have a DELOREAN?" How about joining the group representing
    the library? We got info about the parade times and showed up. Judging took place before the
    parade. Two ladies came over with a 30 inch tall trophy for best "antique car" It now stands
    proudly in the garage [because my wife doesn't like blue]........works for me
    "Best Antique car", i fell out of my chair laughing!

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    "Best Antique car", i fell out of my chair laughing!
    Why is that funny?
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Accipiter View Post
    Why is that funny?
    Idk the DeLorean yes its old, but it doesnt strike me antique old. I think 50 years or older for that. Like if it was a 1930 or 1950s sure! But an 80s? That was only 30 something years ago

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Idk the DeLorean yes its old, but it doesnt strike me antique old. I think 50 years or older for that. Like if it was a 1930 or 1950s sure! But an 80s? That was only 30 something years ago
    Cars that qualify as "antique" are typically 25 years old and older.

Antique doesn't always mean "really realy old." The original Macintosh computer was introduced in 1984, but there's absolutely no question that it's an antique computer.
    Last edited by ccurzio; 05-17-2015 at 12:55 PM.
    - Chris

what

My VIN:    6585

My car is "younger" than I am, yet is now considered an antique. Motley Crue is now on the Classic Rock station. I have started referring to anyone younger than me as "kid"...

When did I get so old...
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    6272 10638 17158

I used to do car shows almost every weekend before with another car of mine, had a decent trophie case if I do say so. Got tired of the show deal and have only taken the delorean to one or two. The latest one, in the spring, bigger one in Toronto I won my class day one, believe the class was 79-89 orginal/restored. Good part about it was Courtney Henson was the one giving out the awards lol

image.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast