FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Car Shows - Awards Won and Discussion

My VIN:    4534

I've only attended one show that gave out trophies. That's where Red lost "best of the 80's" to an 85 Chrysler New Yorker.
    Red
    VIN 4534
    Born - October 1981
    Brought back to life - July 2011

My VIN:    16882.

Attended a local show today, the same show where I won "People's Choice" 2 years ago. The thing is, they don't advertise to the attendees that there is a People's Choice award, they only tell the car owners. Each owner gets a ballet for each person he brought with him, so often the winner is the car owner who brought the most people with him thus guaranteeing multiple votes. As usual, I generated the most interest (totally mobbed) but as I say none of the folks knew anything about voting, which I didn't mind because I won it once anyway.

My VIN:    1019

I just won a trophy last weekend with my car, second place for Original/Restored 1980-1989. It was a judged car show. One another award in 2013 best for 1980-1990.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Took second place behind a Rolls Royce in the 25th Annual "Cruisin' to Sherwood" street show last weekend. It was my first time for that show over 500 cars and 10,000 visitors. Lot of fun, nice group of owners. Fans were awesome. I like to sit back and listen to them freak out when they stumble on the car. Or hear them shout, "Hear it is, we found it!" because someone told them there was one at the show. That's the joy of ownership... sitting back and seeing everyone get that huge grin when they see it... the same one I get every time I drive it.

IMG_3643.jpg

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

DeLorean owner since 2011 Stainless's Avatar

My VIN:    2087

At a local show with around 300 cars, I won an award from a sponsor in the form of a free night's stay at a recently completed Courtyard Marriott. IMHO, a free hotel beats getting another plaque that I'd put in a drawer with the others. I enjoyed the variety in the awards.
    Jared L.

June '81, manual, black inter. VIN 2087
    Other cars: 2012 Toyota Sienna, 2007 Mazda 6, 1999 Jeep Cherokee
    DeLorean blog: http://deloreanblog.blogspot.com/

Sometimes the door prizes are better than any award. I won a $100 off coupon (written on the back of a business card) for a set of tires last year. Used it last week - just like cash. Made off like a bandit.

Car Shows - Awards Won and Discussion

Went to a car show in the Foothills of NC last weekend. Two nice young judges came up to my car just to admire it - judging hadn't started yet. They explained the process and mentioned that all parts of the car would be reviewed, inside and out, and questions would be asked. So I started detailing the car, looked up and noticed my judging sheet had been taken. A THIRD judge, had walked up, grabbed my sheet and kept on walking. No review, no questions, no stopping. Obviously not a fan. Later, the original two young judges came by to see if I'd been judged yet - obviously they were hoping no so they could do it. So, I didn't have the best luck in this show. You never know what kind of judge you're going to get. And as usual, I was the overwhelming crowd favorite but there was no award for that.
    Last edited by Hokie; 08-21-2015 at 01:25 PM.

My VIN:    3610

image.jpgMy first award, it was a Boy Scout troop car show. As a former local scout I felt obligated to bring my car. The best thing was that the trophies were pinewood derby cars carved by the scouts themselves. Best antique (pre 1990)

Location:  Burnsville MN-Moving to Kalispell MT. in June 20111

My VIN:    2691

Car shows

Out in the burning northwest Montana my wife and I have been in five local parades
    and six local car shows. Brought home one first place trophy. But like they say
    every trip in a DeLorean is a parade.

Paul Cerny #2691
    Kalispell, MT

My VIN:    1420

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Last month I was invited as a special guest by a local car club, Gold Coast Rods, to their annual "Back In Time" car show on Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey. There were pre-70's cars and hot rods, but my car got most of the attention. At the awards ceremony, they surprised me with this:

DSCF1106.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast