FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: "Lost in Transmission" - Rutledge Wood new series, with a D

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

"Lost in Transmission" - Rutledge Wood new series, with a D

Top Gear US host and Georgia's own Rutledge Wood has a new series starting on 5/7 called Lost in Transmission, set in Peachtree City, just south of ATL.

First episode has local D that he restores, or at least gets running (from what I can gather from the trailers). Looks like a faded black painted car ?

from the AJC

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2015...-transmission/

10pm EST Thursday on the History Channel
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    Top Gear US host and Georgia's own Rutledge Wood has a new series starting on 5/7 called Lost in Transmission, set in Peachtree City, just south of ATL.

First episode has local D that he restores, or at least gets running (from what I can gather from the trailers). Looks like a faded black painted car ?

from the AJC

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2015...-transmission/

10pm EST Thursday on the History Channel
    Not a "local" D, since they could not find the "story line" they wanted locally. Project car was transported to ATL area.

Some people will be surprised with the owner of the project car (former forum member) and others already know.

A running DeLorean was used for part of the show and this car was also not "local", but brought to the ATL area.

There are a few other teaser trailers out there that will tell most of the back story (some since March 30th).

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Spoiler Alert

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Not a "local" D, since they could not find the "story line" they wanted locally. Project car was transported to ATL area.

Some people will be surprised with the owner of the project car (former forum member) and others already know.

A running DeLorean was used for part of the show and this car was also not "local", but brought to the ATL area.

There are a few other teaser trailers out there that will tell most of the back story (some since March 30th).

Spoiler Alert: (identity of Project D owner revealed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4BZyjiNmQ

(this preview was posted March 26th)
    Last edited by Rich W; 05-05-2015 at 06:30 PM. Reason: added linked video post date

My VIN:    6585

RutTard.jpg

This does not endear me to watch your show.

If I wanted to watch retards run around and scream while trying to break things, I would have gotten a job in Special Education working with trainables.

It wasn't cool when Quentin Wilson did this same thing, and it's not cool for Chunk here, either.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

There were a couple of "easier" D projects that were offered to cast and crew, but the stories were not "good enough" for TV.

A project similar to Project Vixen was offered (basically put all the parts back together), but that was not enough of a challenge.

Well, they got their "challenge" (and then some), they got their interesting back story, and they got an interesting character.

As for the "driver" DeLorean, they ended up having to "down-play" it (as stock) when it was actually a Stage II upgrade car.

Such is "Reality TV" and a car restoration show on the History Channel.

My VIN:    6585

Such is "Reality TV" and a car restoration show on the History Channel.
    Which therein lies the irony of a channel entitled "History" that produces content that is more fictitious than historical. But I digress.

If it turns out to be a decent, respectful episode, I'll give it a chance when it makes it's way online. But otherwise, no, it looks dull. Especially on a premise that's been done and done again.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

My VIN:    02613

Club(s):   (DCF)

This must be the show that called me last year. They said they were in the Atlanta area and had a History Channel show. They never said what the name of the show was. We talked for a long time (by modern telephone call standards) and I sent them photos of the car. They wanted to know how much work it would be to get my car on the road, and if I was willing to sell it. I wasn't willing to sell it, and I never heard back from them. I'll be interested to see what they ended up doing to the DeLorean they got.
    3.0L, automatic, carbureted

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Spoiler Alert: (identity of Project D owner revealed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nB4BZyjiNmQ

(this preview was posted March 26th)
    Aha,

took me a little research, but somehow I missed this thread last month when I was travelling:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11...t+transmission

sorry for the old news.

So Chad is now a TV star just like VB
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    10201

Coworkers told me about this yesterday

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

I'm sorry, but didn't he hate DeLoreans? Wasn't he selling them or putting them in storage for 40 years or something?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast