FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: "Lost in Transmission" - Rutledge Wood new series, with a D

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

This looks awesome! Hopefully they helped make some major strides on the hurricane car he's been working on! Chad always seemed like a nice guy to me. The only time I remember meeting him was at DCS 2012 so I dont know him that well. I will say that he seems to be a pretty generous guy when it comes to both giving time and even parts to other owners. Maybe it's karma. I think it's awesome that he got this opportunity.

My VIN:    5210

Club(s):   (DMCNE)

Well that was interesting and pretty entertaining! Chad certainly seemed humbled and taken back by the end result, I probably would of had the same reaction. I hate to spoil anything for anyone, but I think I spotted a third manual chassis next to the shop during the episode. Am I the only one who spotted that? Well, like everyone seems to agree, reality shows are never really reality...
    3D Artist @ Wayfair LLC.

Status: Newbie - Apologies in advanced for a lack of knowledge of forum topics and etiquette. Thanks!

My VIN:    16882.

"Lost in Transmission" - Rutledge Wood new series, with a D

Fairly entertaining. I hate that reality TV never is, though. Funny thing, every time I see a DeLorean on TV I have to smile and I think, I want one! And I already have one! SMH. I'm beginning to understand folks that own more than one.
    Last edited by Hokie; 05-07-2015 at 11:53 PM.

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

I'm just happy to see a DeLorean ep. Sure it is TV so its gonna be hyped up. As far as I recall though, Rutledge has always had an honest obsession with the DeLorean so I'm not shocked this is the first car in the series.

I understand exactly what they had to deal with though. My car has an 82's body panels from the doors back because of body damage I found after stripping the paint but I know "my" car is still sitting in a barn where I stashed the damaged panels...yes it is a perfect American Dad setup. Luckily I got to keep my frame (don't ask about how the front extension looks). Wonder which VIN was used in the end. The original...the parts car...or something else? Also...the bumpers seem a tad bright paint wise.

Oh and someone mentioned that you can't be an introvert and own a DeLorean...that is false. Tell me how I know
    Last edited by AirmanPika; 05-08-2015 at 02:02 AM.

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Smile

I am living proof that an introvert can own a Delorean ... and a Fiero.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Full episode online at History.com.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Is it just me or is it just hard to think they took those 2 POS and made the one car or was that just a ringer they brought in for the "finished" car? The finished car isn't all that nice either. The first one, the frame wasn't done in by the hurricane, frames don't rust that fast! Kind of a tip-off when a rear wheel is pointing sideways anyway. Also why is it when they have these "reality" shows, the first episode is a Delorean? At least it was mostly positive and it does get the car out there to the public. The real hero (if he really did manage to put the 2 together) was the mechanic, not the 2 knuckleheads. I doubt this show will be on for many episodes. But that is the point, they are cheap to produce even if they don't last. They will just create another "reality" show! The on-screen talent is cheap and they don't spend all that much on the cars. The big expense is the production costs.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    5835

Club(s):   (LINY-DMC) (DCUK)

Submerge a Delorean in salt water for 8 hours and then let it sit two years without rinsing off the frame and I will rust that badly, rest assured. And I thought it was a front wheel that was sideways.
    Lou and "Boo"- The man you love to hate.
    "Boo" VIN 5835
    Born October 1981 - Brought back to life December 2011
    "Fastest naturally aspirated PRV" Delorean
    "Blue" - 1985 Fiero GT
    3800sc series 2

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Lou and "Boo" View Post
    Submerge a Delorean in salt water for 8 hours and then let it sit two years without rinsing off the frame and I will rust that badly, rest assured.
    +1

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    +1

I agree salt water is very bad but if it was kept dry afterwards the rust would not have proceeded, at least not to that extent. The car must have been left in a wet/damp environment for a long time. Long after the hurricane. That car was a "gonner" even before the hurricane. The passenger door was jammed, the panels were painted and had body filler, the interior was trashed. Who knows what else, that's all they said about it.
    David Teitelbaum

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast