FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: So who's BTTF conversion is parked outside of the Smithsonian in DC today?

My VIN:    4055

Club(s):   (DMA)

Question So who's BTTF conversion is parked outside of the Smithsonian in DC today?

Smithsonian's running a "The Future is Here" festival the 14th through 17th. currently there's a BTTF conversion delorean roped off outside of the American History Museum. wondering if the owner is on the forums i cant get out of work to go look at it in person today but hopefully it's still there this weekend.

found some pics on twitter from random people posting about it today: https://twitter.com/search?q=delorea...photos&lang=en

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by novadmc View Post
    Smithsonian's running a "The Future is Here" festival the 14th through 17th. currently there's a BTTF conversion delorean roped off outside of the American History Museum. wondering if the owner is on the forums i cant get out of work to go look at it in person today but hopefully it's still there this weekend.

found some pics on twitter from random people posting about it today: https://twitter.com/search?q=delorea...photos&lang=en
    Looks like Oliver and Terry in the lower left corner photo.

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Looks like Oliver and Terry in the lower left corner photo.
    +1 As far as I know they are the only ones that have a Mr. Fusion with cash in it (donations for Fox Foundation), a Fox Foundation sticker on a rear vent, and a hoverboard to stand on for pictures. You can also see the monitor on the roof of the door.
    David Proehl

Hopefully I'll get a chance to take the family into the District to see it this weekend to see it up close (assuming they'r renting it to the Smithsonian for the entire weekend).

smithsonian's facebook page said the car's only there for today. oh well.

My VIN:    4456 - Owner since March 2011

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Definitely Oliver and Terry Holler... It's on there Facebook page.

Cheers
    Steven
    Cheers
    Steven Maguire

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

My VIN:    10694

Us-n's.

That was us. Sorry we missed you. Just a quickie appearance for the Smithsonian's future fest kickoff.
    (Though we were around long enough to get a real good sunburn. -which is why we don't do car shows!)
    Had fun. Saw lots of foreign tourists, school groups, senior bus tours, boy scouts, etc. who ALL recognized the car and BTTF. Pretty cool.
    Stuck around to watch the showing of the film at the theatre inside, and gosh darnit, if BTTF just isn't a perfect movie.
    The audience had seen it, no doubt numerous times like most folks, but we were all laughing and enjoying it just like we did 30 years ago.
    And thank you to those 'in the know' who can differentiate our car from the, now, endless production line of '100% screen accurate' ones.
    The 'O' car has at least 100 differences that make it our own!
    Oliver
    SmithsonianPanoramic.jpg