FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: stock radio

stock radio

I have an 81, restored / fixed most issues on the car. Now I'm looking for the stock early 81 radio (no clock)

Anyone have one to sell / give?

Dave 2230

Now in Reno Nv... all alone here...

My VIN:    5311

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

I just replaced the stock Craig in my 81, so I've got one if you want it. Don't expect much out of it though, especially on the 1981 models. The windshield antenna design is useless, even for the most powerful radio stations.

The cassette deck works great though. I was using a tape adapter with my iPhone through the Craig before I replaced it.

My VIN:    2245

I've always found reception with windshield antenna and my Craig radio to be more than adequate. The DX button is the local/distant station button, It's not on by default and so all your distant stations will be snowy, hit the button and those stations are fine. I've always thought that the complaints about the radio reception were caused by not having this button on.

I also an interested in an original craig unit.

Hey all I am interested in a craig radio unit as well must be in fair cosmetic condition with working display and casette deck name your price thanks!

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by r00b View Post
    I've always found reception with windshield antenna and my Craig radio to be more than adequate. .
    It mostly depends on how far you live from the radio stations. If you are in the urban area you'll think it's fine.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC