FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 1982, 10054 for sale $25,000

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyvonviggle View Post
    Not really getting bent out of shape at all. And not sure what me not selling a D has to do with it. When you were looking for a car would you post in other's for sale threads saying how you were buying a car, but just not now? Maybe you are that type of guy, that needs to let everyone know your business. I also like how you feel the need to defend Doug, like you know him or give a shit. If anything maybe Doug can hear what I'm saying as advice to keep his cards close when looking for a D. Like you said it's a game right?
    He said he's working a deal with another owner, and if that falls through, this is his next option. I seriously don't get your discontent for the guy. I've seen his other posts, and he hardly seems like the kind of person you're painting him out to be. As for defending him, frankly I just don't care for keyboard warriors like yourself, talking shit about a prospective buyer without having ever met him. I don't know the guy either, but again, you're not selling a D, so how does any of what he's doing affect you at all? It doesn't. I haven't a clue what he did to rub you the wrong way, but calling him out on a public forum to "keep his cards close" when it has no bearing on anything you do and does not affect you in any way, shape, or form is just an exercise in pissing to the wind. It would be one thing if he tried to buy from you and was a tire kicker, then I can see how warning others might actually be relevant. But since his posts have zero impact on your life beyond reading something that a person wrote on the internet (heaven forbid!), this kind of calling out is wholly unnecessary.

My VIN:    3028

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    He said he's working a deal with another owner, and if that falls through, this is his next option. I seriously don't get your discontent for the guy. I've seen his other posts, and he hardly seems like the kind of person you're painting him out to be. As for defending him, frankly I just don't care for keyboard warriors like yourself, talking shit about a prospective buyer without having ever met him. I don't know the guy either, but again, you're not selling a D, so how does any of what he's doing affect you at all? It doesn't. I haven't a clue what he did to rub you the wrong way, but calling him out on a public forum to "keep his cards close" when it has no bearing on anything you do and does not affect you in any way, shape, or form is just an exercise in pissing to the wind. It would be one thing if he tried to buy from you and was a tire kicker, then I can see how warning others might actually be relevant. But since his posts have zero impact on your life beyond reading something that a person wrote on the internet (heaven forbid!), this kind of calling out is wholly unnecessary.
    This is going nowhere, so this is my last post on this, you obviously like to argue. Oh and I wouldn't say I'm a keyboard warrior.
    Barry

This is going nowhere, so this is my last post on this
    Good riddance.

you obviously like to argue.
    Funny, I'm not the one trolling the for sale section just to start shit or continuing to bash a buyer after someone calls you out on it.

Oh and I wouldn't say I'm a keyboard warrior.
    Somehow I can't see you crashing am otherwise civilized buyer-seller discussion in person just to bitch about tire kickers. How are you not a keyboard warrior exactly?

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Take it to pm guys. Back on topic.
    Soundkillr was here.

My VIN:    3028

You have to keep pushing it Shep.
    Last edited by Jimmyvonviggle; 06-11-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    Barry

You have to keep pushing it Shep.
    PM inbox is wide open

Did I mention the digital clock in the console still works flawlessly!!!

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

All (UPDATE),

A deal has been done with the Owner that I am dealing with. We just have to figure out the particulars over the next couple of weeks.

The current owner is a good guy and did an OUTSTANDING job of showing the car, so much so, that I cut my inspection short and let him know that I would pay the price that he was asking.

My earlier post was in frustration about "Tire Kickers". Not all of us are tire kickers and not all of us are playing games--personally I am serious about purchasing a Delorean, so serious in fact that I have spent over 1k in investigating, travelling etc in just SEEING Deloreans. It may not be alot for you, but it is cash that I could have taken a vacation on.

The reason why I post what I am doing is because someday I may want to write a book about this experience and my posts on here and FB posts are kind of like a diary. I plan on having this car to raise funds for mycosis fungoides sufferers like my Sister who died from it last summer and inspired me to "Follow my dreams" in buying the Delorean. I NEED all of you owners on this forum's help in making this happen to support me with encouragement and advice on how to keep my D running.

My Sister's obituary: http://www.desmondfuneralhome.com/ob...ooks/_/1402981

About the disease: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mycosis_fungoides

Mycosis fungoides is a VERY PAINFUL form of Cancer that kills people diagnosed with it within 2 and a half years of diagnosis. The Delorean that I am purchasing will be part of a Foundation that I will have made by raising funds for 80's parties, people donating to sit in the car at car shows, my personal funds etc. When that amount gets large enough, the interest will provide relief/pallative care for those who are suffering. That care can take the form of body wraps, funds to help pay utilites, funds to provide transportation to a hospital for doctor visits etc.

My Sister died 366 days after diagnosis. My Sister did not have insurance due to this disease. My Sister was fired from her job due to the effects of this disease and that is why she did not have the funds to pay (3 to 5k) for the test to diagnose. To me this is why I am "On a Mission...."

I feel that I have not been rude to anyone on here, just expressing a Dream (for those that have read my posts) of owning and caring for a Delorean since I was 11 in 1982. If I have disrespected anyone on here you have my sincerest apologies, and if I meet you at a Delorean show or convention I will buy you a beer or a Coke.

Thank you for reading.

v/r,
    Doug

P.S. My Sister is buried not to far, and in the same cemetary as JZD.

(sorry OP in hijacking your thread, don't mean to offend)
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 06-12-2015 at 12:32 PM. Reason: not meaning to offend

Just checked, Car has 64,000 miles on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast