FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Quarter window glass replacement

My VIN:    16995

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quarter window glass replacement

Although I'm not even close to getting to this part of my refurbishment, I've become increasingly curious about this. The quarter window glass in my car was broken and the weatherstripping was torn when I tried to remove it. I can't find this part on DMC's website and couldn't find a replacement procedure anywhere. Has would a replacement be done? Is this weatherstripping available anywhere anymore?

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by PlutonimicX View Post
    Although I'm not even close to getting to this part of my refurbishment, I've become increasingly curious about this. The quarter window glass in my car was broken and the weatherstripping was torn when I tried to remove it. I can't find this part on DMC's website and couldn't find a replacement procedure anywhere. Has would a replacement be done? Is this weatherstripping available anywhere anymore?
    http://store.delorean.com/p-9777-seal-rr-qtr-glass.aspx Looks like it's recently gone OOS. It is not used on all cars, the earlier cars just had it formed of the adhesive. That's actually a lot easier than trying to glue this in place at the same time as the glass.

Usually by a glass guy. It's a huge pain.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC