FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blowing Fuse #2 - LH Lights

My VIN:    4307

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    We're there arc witness marks on the wire terminal that would indicate it had been shorting out?
    No but as I removed the housing I heard the fuse pop and the left side lights went out... Also matches up with the time I wiggled the wiring harness from the LH tail light and the fuse popped, because the LP wiring comes off that main harness.

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

That can also happen if the wires chafe the edge of the rectangular nut/mounting plate.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

I had my RH taillight off yesterday working on the license plate lights. I can confirm the license plate light wiring and that of the RH rear marker light comes from that rear RH corner inside the fascia and then routes forward to (presumably) the bulkhead. I would assume there is one additional extension on that portion of harness that goes to the LH marker light as well, but I didn't go in the LH side this time around so I can't say for certain.

+1 on the edges of those license plate light retaining brackets potentially cutting into the wire insulation. The edges are sharp and more so if they are rusty or otherwise in poor shape.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2