FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Personalized (vanity) plates... let's see 'em!

My VIN:    4 Seater DMC24

Club(s):   (DMA)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

Not mine unfortunately, but I spotted the perfect plate last night for my D

no photoshopping fakery, unless it was an actual fake plate.

Just a single letter D
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

My VIN:    909

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Yay, I finally get to add mine

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by BLWNAWY View Post
    My car was licensed as BLWNAWY from 1995 until I sold it out of state in 2005. When I re-purchased it last July I applied for BLWNAWY again but DOL refused, saying it was "unacceptable language". So I wrote them an email, pleaded my case, and showed them a photo with the old plate on it. They relented and today I got the new approved BLWNAWY plate. (Photo shows the old plate, found in the trunk when re-purchased)
    Attachment 51270
    I had 88N G0N on my first Delorean when I sold the car I kept the plates and hung them on the wall in mom's garage ( for safe Keeping ) 6 years later when I bought my second Delorean I reapplied for the plate. they told that it was taken... I told the DMV that I still had the plate they let me reactivate for 100 bucks so 88N G0N is now on 10020
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    6585

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Brooks View Post
    I had 88N G0N on my first Delorean when I sold the car I kept the plates and hung them on the wall in mom's garage ( for safe Keeping ) 6 years later when I bought my second Delorean I reapplied for the plate. they told that it was taken... I told the DMV that I still had the plate they let me reactivate for 100 bucks so 88N G0N is now on 10020
    Applying for a new plate to be made versus assigning an existing one are completely different. For really popular plates, once you let yours expire, someone else may have already taken it. Or in some cases like this, it may be forbidden. If you have the plate where they clerk can identify it, the system may just blindly accept the number if the filters have not been applied by whomever coded the software. Most likely for legacy plates (which is why they let you use the old plate). But if you're applying for a new plate to be manufactured, the profanity filters are definitely in place. And unfortunately for BTTF fans, "88" is now on the banned list as offensive in many, if not most states. So if you've got those plates, don't let them expire lest you loose them permanently.
    Robert

People they come together, people they fall apart...

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCVegas View Post
    Applying for a new plate to be made versus assigning an existing one are completely different. For really popular plates, once you let yours expire, someone else may have already taken it. Or in some cases like this, it may be forbidden. If you have the plate where they clerk can identify it, the system may just blindly accept the number if the filters have not been applied by whomever coded the software. Most likely for legacy plates (which is why they let you use the old plate). But if you're applying for a new plate to be manufactured, the profanity filters are definitely in place. And unfortunately for BTTF fans, "88" is now on the banned list as offensive in many, if not most states. So if you've got those plates, don't let them expire lest you loose them permanently.
    I had to urban dictionary 88. I won't let them go this time I was just glad to get them back "it was like I never left"
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    5302

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=88

Ridiculous. They're reaching way too far by banning that one. If you have to look up what it means, then who the hell is going to be offended...
    Derek L
    VIN 5302

My VIN:    04629

Vanity Plate

Here's my car with my plate and a very good friend standing next to my car. (I've know him for years)

The plate ILI-ILI in the Hawaiian language (where I purchased my car) name was given to me by a Hawaiian Priestess, who blessed my car before I moved to the 'mainland'.

In the English language this translates to "smooth pebble", the Hawaiians loved my car. ( pronounced like ELEE-ELEE )

Funny thing there were two on the Big Island, the other was a Black interior 5-speed.

20170914_142157.jpg

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast