FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How about daytime running lights?

My VIN:    6679

Must admit I find that concept odd.

Cassettes were standard issue in 1981 so we should have to keep using them instead of SD cards? Where the heck do you even buy a cassette from, and what would you then use to record from iTunes onto said tape?!

DRL, third brakes, and LED lighting didn't exist in 1981 so we can't use them?

Do we extend this as far as tyres, and thus ground almost every Dealorean since the original NCTs are not available?

Personally I find DRLs make vehicles stand out for me, so I intentionally do likewise. DRL option was turned off by default on my Jeep so I turned it on - my DeLorean didn't have it so I set it up. But, again, for me it is about being visible hence I use the entire park circuit (front parks, side markers, rear parks) to ensure visibility from all directions since I value the visibility trucks and buses provide by doing likewise.
    Chris

My VIN:    04610

Quote Originally Posted by Tillsy View Post
    Must admit I find that concept odd.

Cassettes were standard issue in 1981 so we should have to keep using them instead of SD cards? Where the heck do you even buy a cassette from, and what would you then use to record from iTunes onto said tape?!

DRL, third brakes, and LED lighting didn't exist in 1981 so we can't use them?

Do we extend this as far as tyres, and thus ground almost every Dealorean since the original NCTs are not available?

Personally I find DRLs make vehicles stand out for me, so I intentionally do likewise. DRL option was turned off by default on my Jeep so I turned it on - my DeLorean didn't have it so I set it up. But, again, for me it is about being visible hence I use the entire park circuit (front parks, side markers, rear parks) to ensure visibility from all directions since I value the visibility trucks and buses provide by doing likewise.
    I don't think it's 'odd' in any way, I'm just a sucker for keeping my car(s) as original as possible. And I still have a casetteplayer, yes, and I have about 200+ cassettes still in my collection, so I can change alot between them. And besides, there's still the 'normal' radio, isn't there?

About the tires: I see that as 'maintaining' a Delorean, not 'updating'. I have brandnew Michelins on my car, by the way ...

Like I said, it's not because it available today, that I have to put it on my DeLorean ... You don't put cruise control on your Ford Model T just because it's available, don't you?

This is offcourse a personal opinion, but in the end, it's still my car, isn't it? Like I said, everyone can do with their car what they wan't !

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

This is an ELECTRICAL HOW TO thread

Hmmm.... I just wanted to see how others have modify their lighting system and learn how to wire correctly.
    Since I am the OP, could we keep this HOW TO technical thread? Please...
    Thank you
    Ryan

My VIN:    767 (3.0L EFI/EDIS)

In the vain, I wrote up how I rewired the headlight circuit so that it toggles with the ignition. It's not quite the same as DLR, but for my purposes it basically is, since I just leave the headlights on all the time now.

http://www.tmproductions.com/upgrade...hed-headlights

-- Joe

Quote Originally Posted by jangell View Post
    In the vain, I wrote up how I rewired the headlight circuit so that it toggles with the ignition. It's not quite the same as DLR, but for my purposes it basically is, since I just leave the headlights on all the time now.

http://www.tmproductions.com/upgrade...hed-headlights

-- Joe
    Hey Joe
    Thanks so much for sharing. This is helpful. Also thank Shep, Notifier, Tillsy, Chris, and etc... !!!
    Also if anyone has installed any external LED lights and would like to share, that would be super.
    Last edited by Ryan S.; 05-27-2015 at 01:14 PM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan S. View Post
    Hmmm.... I just wanted to see how others have modify their lighting system and learn how to wire correctly.
    Since I am the OP, could we keep this HOW TO technical thread? Please...
    Thank you
    Ryan
    Hi Ryan,

Toby Peterson and I started talking about doing a DRL system similar to the C6 Corvette back in late 2004 (after discussing it at DCS 2004).

Toby had mentioned the desire to have DRL's for DeLoreans in the PNW, with the frequent foggy and misty weather (not Misty, lol),
    especially in the mountains, and I had been doing a lot of frequent driving through low-lying foggy areas here in the Midwest.

Visibility was the main reason for the amber DRL's, especially for foggy conditions where OEM headlights can make things worse for a driver.

At that time, we were waiting for technology to catch up, to make an aftermarket DRL with LEDs more cost effective, so now a decade later
    I need to check back with Toby to see if he is still looking to "throw his hat into the ring" with our decade-old concept.

Later,
    Rich W.

Hi Rich,
    That sounds great. Toby makes/sells cool stuffs and I have several of his. I am still waiting for his new ez-oil plug. Actually I need to order a remote battery cut off system from him also.
    Take care
    Ryan

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

I thought I remember seeing one time a front parking/signal lamp that had a yellow and white lens to it. I'm thinking it had to do with European specs that the parking light was clear and the turn signal light was yellow. I could be mistaken but I thought I remember seeing it on here at one point. Tired to do a search for it with no luck. Maybe someone else remembers these? Could use something like that for your DRLs.

My VIN:    4322

That would be one of the Australian cars. I believe there's a separate light for the white and amber parts. haslewood_lance_021.jpg

I'll message him to see where he got them from.

My VIN:    802

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Lukas View Post
    That would be one of the Australian cars. I believe there's a separate light for the white and amber parts. haslewood_lance_021.jpg

I'll message him to see where he got them from.
    That's what I was thinking of!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast