Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 404

Thread: VIN 4728 Running Resto

  1. #391
    Senior Member powerline84's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2015

    Location:  NY

    Posts:    314

    My VIN:    2706

    Rich any ideas on a place to get a close color to the dark grey for black cars ? I may have to try this with you this summer on my headliners. mine are so faded, not sure i can just go to an interior shop and get a mach.

  2. #392
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,146

    My VIN:    4877

    Actually I've been looking at a few SEM products that look close...Gonna be comparing their swatches to see whats a close match, since I have to repair my dash pad.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  3. #393
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,941

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    It's official....I'm on the road!

    Driving season officially began last week. I would've met my goal of being ready & waiting, but I pulled my Byrne carb manifold to install a Peugeot setup last week. I had some issues with the Peugeot setup, so tonight I swapped back to the Byrne manifold and went for a drive. I have an odd stumble when I hit 2500 RPM, but I'm able to move past it by teasing the throttle.

    Aside from that minor issue, it's official....I'm on the road and will be driving every week from now until the snow comes.

    Early observations:
    -Steering feels good
    -Brakes feel good
    -Clutch feels good, and seems to be getting better as I drive it (Ron was right.)
    -Suspension feels good
    -Shifting feels good, although I need to get used to it....feels like I could tear the shift lever off if I wanted to.
    -Even with the wonky running issue, this carbed 5-speed has ~25% more balls than my previous OEM automatic. (Glory to God: 5th gear, yo!)
    -I have Hervey headers with Magnaflow mufflers. I intended to run them this year and work on a custom exhaust over the Winter, but I need to do something asap....they're too loud.



    No A/C yet, but that's on the priority list.
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  4. #394
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,146

    My VIN:    4877

    Cool youre finally on the road, and sounds like its going good. Why stop driving when the snows come? Hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  5. #395
    Guy with a DeLorean Mark D's Avatar
    Join Date:  May 2011

    Location:  Stevens Point,WI

    Posts:    1,858

    My VIN:    6125

    Congrats on finally getting your car on the road! It's been really awesome to see your project progress along and follow all the photos and updates. Aside from the running issue that is left to sort out it sounds like everything else turned out great.

  6. #396
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Mar 2014

    Location:  Lansing, MI

    Posts:    308

    My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Driving season officially began last week. I would've met my goal of being ready & waiting, but I pulled my Byrne carb manifold to install a Peugeot setup last week. I had some issues with the Peugeot setup, so tonight I swapped back to the Byrne manifold and went for a drive. I have an odd stumble when I hit 2500 RPM, but I'm able to move past it by teasing the throttle.

    Aside from that minor issue, it's official....I'm on the road and will be driving every week from now until the snow comes.

    Early observations:
    -Steering feels good
    -Brakes feel good
    -Clutch feels good, and seems to be getting better as I drive it (Ron was right.)
    -Suspension feels good
    -Shifting feels good, although I need to get used to it....feels like I could tear the shift lever off if I wanted to.
    -Even with the wonky running issue, this carbed 5-speed has ~25% more balls than my previous OEM automatic. (Glory to God: 5th gear, yo!)
    -I have Hervey headers with Magnaflow mufflers. I intended to run them this year and work on a custom exhaust over the Winter, but I need to do something asap....they're too loud.



    No A/C yet, but that's on the priority list.
    On 5052 I'm running Hervey headers with a single Magnaflow Tru-x muffler located in the stock muffler location. I had a local exhaust shop bend and weld custom pipes for me. I've been very happy with both the sound and the performance. I can send you the part number for the muffler that I used if you want.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

    1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

    Solex carb and antenna television guru.

    "My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

  7. #397
    Senior Member DMC-81's Avatar
    Join Date:  Apr 2014

    Location:  Florida

    Posts:    1,152

    My VIN:    <2000

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Congrats Rich! You must be elated!
    Dana

    Delorean status: CECF 2017 Platinum Award winner. Still tinkering...

    Pictures and comments of my restoration journey are in the albums section on my profile.

    .

  8. #398
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,941

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Congrats on finally getting your car on the road! It's been really awesome to see your project progress along and follow all the photos and updates. Aside from the running issue that is left to sort out it sounds like everything else turned out great.
    Thanks Mark, I still have a list but it's a short list and at least I'm on the road. I appreciate the good recommendations you gave me along the way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    On 5052 I'm running Hervey headers with a single Magnaflow Tru-x muffler located in the stock muffler location. I had a local exhaust shop bend and weld custom pipes for me. I've been very happy with both the sound and the performance. I can send you the part number for the muffler that I used if you want.
    I was just thinking of you today and was about to PM and ask what muffler you used, and if you think a Flowmaster series 50 would work.



    Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Congrats Rich! You must be elated!
    Yes, totally....thanks!
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  9. #399
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,941

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Took a short ride today, but my battery light is on so I didn't want to go far.

    Stopped to take a pic with a late 70's Plymouth Arrow near where I live:

    4728_PlyArrow.jpg
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  10. #400
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,146

    My VIN:    4877

    Nice. Running well?

    You showing good level on the volt guage?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •