Thread: VIN 4728 Running Resto

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Looks better than new!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Looks good
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Looks like the slacker has been goofing off with the Today gang too much to me...

LOL....I've been slacking onto a PITA kitchen/living room/hallway renovation...ugh! Besides, Steve threatened to kick me off his forum if I didn't hang with those thugs this past weekend!

Side note: which side goes toward the engine?

Volvo Gaskets.jpg

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    LOL....I've been slacking onto a PITA kitchen/living room/hallway renovation...ugh! Besides, Steve threatened to kick me off his forum if I didn't hang with those thugs this past weekend!

Side note: which side goes toward the engine?

Volvo Gaskets.jpg
    I'm not familiar with those gaskets, but they should be marked if it mattered.

FWIW- Beaded exhaust gaskets usually have the bead against the manifold. Thinking is the head is most likely to be flatter, so it gets the smooth side, and, the bead will compensate for flaws in the manifold.
    I should mention that Standard exhaust gaskets have a smooth metallic side and a relatively rough material on the other side. They go the other way around (smooth to manifold). Thinking is the smooth side allows for movement due to heat expansion.

I'd call the vendor, especially if you are using headers instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    I'm not familiar with those gaskets, but they should be marked if it mattered.

FWIW- Beaded exhaust gaskets usually have the bead against the manifold. Thinking is the head is most likely to be flatter, so it gets the smooth side, and, the bead will compensate for flaws in the manifold.
    I should mention that Standard exhaust gaskets have a smooth metallic side and a relatively rough material on the other side. They go the other way around (smooth to manifold). Thinking is the smooth side allows for movement due to heat expansion.

I'd call the vendor, especially if you are using headers instead.
    Thanks Ron, these are the coveted "Volvo one-piece" gaskets....I didn't get them from a vendor.

After 20 months of sitting under a cover in my garage, I finally installed my new UK exhaust last weekend and started the car.

No free time all this week, but this weekend looks promising to make a few adjustments at the rear fascia and go for a short drive. I intend to make a video of the new exhaust, it sounds really good. It's louder than stock, but quieter than DPI and Hervey's Magnaflow.

If all goes well, I'll soon be securing the roofbox, adjusting the doors, and officially enjoying the driving season.

A/C will soon be my next project.

Today I finished installing my exhaust brackets, and replaced the NGK plugs with Denso's.

I'm back on the road! One thing I can say for sure: either the plugs, the exhaust, or both has improved my performance. The car has a lot more power, and totally has more HP than my previous stock auto....hands down.

I also adjusted the striker pins. I don't know why I waited so long to do that, 5 minutes of work has changed my life! The doors close much nicer with no "cha-chunk" sound.

As much as I hate to put it back in the garage, I really need to secure the roofbox, so this week I'll start on that project.

Soon thereafter I'll begin reinstalling the A/C and working down the list of upgrade parts I've been stockpiling.

My passenger window intermittently won't go up. The car has been sitting for almost 2 years, so maybe it's the switch but my window motors are OEM.

It's been a long time since I've been into the window switches and I forgot which pins to jumper to bypass the switch. I'll probably replace the motors anyway, but really should determine if the switch is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    My passenger window intermittently won't go up. The car has been sitting for almost 2 years, so maybe it's the switch but my window motors are OEM.

It's been a long time since I've been into the window switches and I forgot which pins to jumper to bypass the switch. I'll probably replace the motors anyway, but really should determine if the switch is OK.
    Congrats on getting you DMC back on the ground and on the road.

Here is a link that Ron posted on how to jumper the window switches. See post #9 for the updated diagram.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?17...indow-Switches
    Last edited by JETS 81 DMC; 07-14-2019 at 01:28 PM.

Thanks Mr. Jim!

Need wiper troubleshooting assistance

I started to work on my non-functioning wipers today. The fuse was blown, so I replaced it and tried the wipers.

Not 100% certain, but I think I heard a clicking noise in the column....now my horn and hazard lights don't work (as well as the wipers.)

Both fuses are still good, and the connections to the wiper control module on the column appear to be good.

I'll review the wiring schematic and continue diagnosing, but also interested in troubleshooting tips.

Thanks!

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

If its the original column controls, they may need replaced, like mine did. Maybe use a meter to check it.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast