FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 4728 Running Resto

My VIN:    2706

Rich any ideas on a place to get a close color to the dark grey for black cars ? I may have to try this with you this summer on my headliners. mine are so faded, not sure i can just go to an interior shop and get a mach.

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Actually I've been looking at a few SEM products that look close...Gonna be comparing their swatches to see whats a close match, since I have to repair my dash pad.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    4519

It's official....I'm on the road!

Driving season officially began last week. I would've met my goal of being ready & waiting, but I pulled my Byrne carb manifold to install a Peugeot setup last week. I had some issues with the Peugeot setup, so tonight I swapped back to the Byrne manifold and went for a drive. I have an odd stumble when I hit 2500 RPM, but I'm able to move past it by teasing the throttle.

Aside from that minor issue, it's official....I'm on the road and will be driving every week from now until the snow comes.

Early observations:
    -Steering feels good
    -Brakes feel good
    -Clutch feels good, and seems to be getting better as I drive it (Ron was right.)
    -Suspension feels good
    -Shifting feels good, although I need to get used to it....feels like I could tear the shift lever off if I wanted to.
    -Even with the wonky running issue, this carbed 5-speed has ~25% more balls than my previous OEM automatic. (Glory to God: 5th gear, yo!)
    -I have Hervey headers with Magnaflow mufflers. I intended to run them this year and work on a custom exhaust over the Winter, but I need to do something asap....they're too loud.

No A/C yet, but that's on the priority list.

Cool youre finally on the road, and sounds like its going good. Why stop driving when the snows come? Hehe.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

My VIN:    6125

Congrats on finally getting your car on the road! It's been really awesome to see your project progress along and follow all the photos and updates. Aside from the running issue that is left to sort out it sounds like everything else turned out great.

My VIN:    04194: 5-Speed, Black Int, 79 Peugeot 604 Manifold, 05052: 5-Speed, Gray Int, 78 Peugeot 604 manifol

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Driving season officially began last week. I would've met my goal of being ready & waiting, but I pulled my Byrne carb manifold to install a Peugeot setup last week. I had some issues with the Peugeot setup, so tonight I swapped back to the Byrne manifold and went for a drive. I have an odd stumble when I hit 2500 RPM, but I'm able to move past it by teasing the throttle.

Aside from that minor issue, it's official....I'm on the road and will be driving every week from now until the snow comes.

Early observations:
    -Steering feels good
    -Brakes feel good
    -Clutch feels good, and seems to be getting better as I drive it (Ron was right.)
    -Suspension feels good
    -Shifting feels good, although I need to get used to it....feels like I could tear the shift lever off if I wanted to.
    -Even with the wonky running issue, this carbed 5-speed has ~25% more balls than my previous OEM automatic. (Glory to God: 5th gear, yo!)
    -I have Hervey headers with Magnaflow mufflers. I intended to run them this year and work on a custom exhaust over the Winter, but I need to do something asap....they're too loud.

No A/C yet, but that's on the priority list.
    On 5052 I'm running Hervey headers with a single Magnaflow Tru-x muffler located in the stock muffler location. I had a local exhaust shop bend and weld custom pipes for me. I've been very happy with both the sound and the performance. I can send you the part number for the muffler that I used if you want.
    Andrew
    4194 Since 7/98
    5052 Since 7/14

1972 Buick Riviera
    1974 Bricklin SV-1 177
    1982 AMC Eagle SX/4 (4.2 I6, 4 Speed)
    1983 Pontiac Trans Am (Knight Rider Conversion in progress)
    1985 Oldsmobile Toronado (daily driver)

Solex carb and antenna television guru.

"My carbon footprint is bigger than yours!" :-)

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Congrats Rich! You must be elated!
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Congrats on finally getting your car on the road! It's been really awesome to see your project progress along and follow all the photos and updates. Aside from the running issue that is left to sort out it sounds like everything else turned out great.
    Thanks Mark, I still have a list but it's a short list and at least I'm on the road. I appreciate the good recommendations you gave me along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    On 5052 I'm running Hervey headers with a single Magnaflow Tru-x muffler located in the stock muffler location. I had a local exhaust shop bend and weld custom pipes for me. I've been very happy with both the sound and the performance. I can send you the part number for the muffler that I used if you want.
    I was just thinking of you today and was about to PM and ask what muffler you used, and if you think a Flowmaster series 50 would work.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-81 View Post
    Congrats Rich! You must be elated!
    Yes, totally....thanks!

Took a short ride today, but my battery light is on so I didn't want to go far.

Stopped to take a pic with a late 70's Plymouth Arrow near where I live:

4728_PlyArrow.jpg

Nice. Running well?

You showing good level on the volt guage?
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast