Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 404

Thread: VIN 4728 Running Resto

  1. #331
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,440

    My VIN:    4877

    Very nice. I painted my coin tray black
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

  2. #332
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2014

    Location:  Northwest Florida

    Posts:    77

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Are you able to keep the stitching silver or does it blend in with the dye?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Passenger side upper door panel almost finished, drivers side not yet started:

    Attachment 49640


    Console w/1st cot of dye, coin tray "before:"

    Attachment 49643

  3. #333
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,993

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Quote Originally Posted by dmcnc View Post
    Are you able to keep the stitching silver or does it blend in with the dye?
    If you use a brush [instead of spraying,] the stitching will remain "as-is" (as long as you don't get too close to it with a really "wet" brush.) That's one of the reasons I prefer Leatherique over spraying SEM.

    I first use a small brush around the stitching, you can see the technique here:

    IMG_4139.jpg

    "Top" done with 1 coat, working down the side:

    IMG_4145.jpg

    Armrest on the left has one complete coat of dye, the one on the left wasn't re-dyed yet:

    IMG_4172.jpg


    Completed kneepad with a good close-up of the stitching:

    IMG_4120.jpg
    Last edited by Rich_NYS; 03-19-2017 at 10:33 PM.
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  4. #334
    Matt Drive Stainless's Avatar
    Join Date:  Mar 2016

    Location:  Washington D.C.

    Posts:    408

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Passenger side upper door panel almost finished, drivers side not yet started:

    Attachment 49640


    Console w/1st cot of dye, coin tray "before:"

    Attachment 49643
    Mmm those upper door panels are now deliciously plump.
    New & Improved V3 S/S Alternator Tensioning Bracket - $39.99
    New & Used DeLorean Parts on eBay HERE.
    S/S Upper Alternator Bracket for Saturn/Autozone Alternator - $39.99
    QA1 Coil-Over Suspension Kit - Complete Kit - $1,149.99 w/ FREE SHIPPING
    QA1 "DIY" Coil-Over Suspension Kit - $99.99
    Mirror switch rebuilding service w/ new springs & ball bearings - $49.50
    HEI Performance Ignition Module (Exchange) - $149.99
    Welding services also (all metals)!
    http://www.drivestainless.com

  5. #335
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,993

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Correction:

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    ~snip~

    IMG_4145.jpg

    Armrest on the left has one complete coat of dye, the one on the right wasn't re-dyed yet:

    IMG_4172.jpg
    ~snip~
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  6. #336
    Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2014

    Location:  Northwest Florida

    Posts:    77

    Club(s):   (DCF)

    Amazing work, Rich! I'll have to ping you later for more details

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    If you use a brush [instead of spraying,] the stitching will remain "as-is" (as long as you don't get too close to it with a really "wet" brush.) That's one of the reasons I prefer Leatherique over spraying SEM.

    I first use a small brush around the stitching, you can see the technique here:

    IMG_4139.jpg

    "Top" done with 1 coat, working down the side:

    IMG_4145.jpg

    Armrest on the left has one complete coat of dye, the one on the left wasn't re-dyed yet:

    IMG_4172.jpg


    Completed kneepad with a good close-up of the stitching:

    IMG_4120.jpg

  7. #337
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Nov 2013

    Location:  NYS

    Posts:    1,993

    My VIN:    Formerly 10372, currently 4728

    Upper panel restoration

    This past weekend I completed most of the interior re-dye, and restoration/repair of the upper door panels and rear "speaker panels."

    Upper door panel:

    IMG_4367.jpgIMG_4446.jpg



    Rear panel:

    IMG_4455.jpgIMG_4456.jpgIMG_4457.jpgIMG_4458.jpgIMG_4465.jpgIMG_4466.jpgIMG_4472.jpg
    Restoration of VIN 4728 in progress...

  8. #338
    Member
    Join Date:  Aug 2014

    Location:  Norway

    Posts:    60

    My VIN:    06201

    Wow, you're getting some amazing results.

  9. #339
    Senior Member Josh S's Avatar
    Join Date:  Oct 2014

    Location:  Leesburg, NJ

    Posts:    133

    My VIN:    7178

    Club(s):   (DMA)

    Looking good! You better be bringing this to the DMA meet next month.
    "If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"

  10. #340
    Senior Member
    Join Date:  Jul 2015

    Location:  Tacoma, Wa

    Posts:    1,440

    My VIN:    4877

    How did you repair the rear speaker panels? they look great.
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Now Accepting Donations to get her back on the road

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •