FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: VIN 4728 Running Resto

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_NYS View Post
    Careful of where your heat duct (off the exhaust manifold) meets with the rear water pipe...they have a tendency to rub & cause a wear spot.
    +1
    That is why that pipe is NLA. There was a welded pipe on my car when I bought it. I think the battery cable also can wear the hole in the pipe if it lays on it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

That pipe can be replaced with a long hose run. I've replaced them on both sides (outbound and return):

Hose1.jpg

You only need pipes in the engine compartment itself to hold the otterstat and coolant expansion tank.

Bill Robertson

My VIN:    6125

Got my parts back from being plated and began sorting & matching:
    NICE! For some reason that photo looks strangely familiar...

My VIN:    4519

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    NICE! For some reason that photo looks strangely familiar...

I added that to the "Arrgghh...friggin' Mark D!" column on my spreadsheet -LOL! Can you pick out the parts I purposely did differently so I wouldn't completely copy your setup?

Got this today, and sense it will be the best 29.95 I spent on a tool so far:

IMG_1129.jpg

Wow, I really love this rivnut tool....sometimes it's the simple things, I guess.

Thanks to Mark D (again) for showing me something incredibly useful and necessary that helps make my resto successful.

IMG_1133.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1137.jpg

My VIN:    4877

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Thought about getting one of those, but not sure what Id use it on. Other than weird parts like the ones in your pictures
    Rob Depew
    Tacoma, Wa
    '81 DeLorean 4877 Grey, Auto, 4 wheels
    The Ressurection of 4877......
    Website
    YouTube
    My Patreon

I added the cost of that to the "Arrgghh...friggin' Mark D!" column on my spreadsheet -LOL!
    Fixed that for myself.

Not being able to edit posts after a short time is a nuisance at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lwanmtr View Post
    Thought about getting one of those, but not sure what Id use it on. Other than weird parts like the ones in your pictures
    There are rivnuts in several other places on the car, I'll need to replace a few in the luggage compartment. I'm sure I'll find other uses for it as well.

My VIN:    6125

Wow, I really love this rivnut tool....sometimes it's the simple things, I guess.

Thanks to Mark D (again) for showing me something incredibly useful and necessary that helps make my resto successful.

IMG_1133.jpgIMG_1134.jpgIMG_1137.jpg
    Hey no problem Rich. Something as simple as having to find a replacement rivnut for that parking brake plate can derail a project for a few days. I'm always happy to help out and make life easier for the next guy if I can.

Having one of those Rivnut tools pays itself off pretty quickly... I've lost count the number I've replaced on my car, mostly in the trunk area where they like to seize up an spin in the fiberglass. They're handy to use on other projects as well when you need something sturdy to hold a fastener in a piece of sheet metal.
    Last edited by Mark D; 05-03-2016 at 10:14 AM.

My VIN:    10270

There are rivnuts in several other places on the car, I'll need to replace a few in the luggage compartment. I'm sure I'll find other uses for it as well.
    I sunk a couple into the engine compartment light switch / resistor bracket. I loathe when I find a bolt that's held by a blind, non-captive nut.
    IMAG1081.jpg

Plot twist: You can't fit the rivnut tool in there. Had to use a bolt / nut / vise to set them.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    5436

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

There are rivnuts in several other places on the car, I'll need to replace a few in the luggage compartment.
    I bought one last week for that exact purpose, I was planning on repainting the compartment as well.
    - Martin - VIN 5436 -

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast