FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Need a clutch fork

Need a clutch fork

Need a clutch fork----retainer clip to the ball broken on mine. PM if you have one.
    Thanks, Leroy 2126

My VIN:    10091

Club(s):   (DCH)

retainer clip

I found mine broken also when I replaced the clutch. I checked around and couldn't find one without going to the big shops and paying big money for a four inch clip so I fixed my old fork with a new clip. You can can do it yourself. Go to Lowes and buy a quality stainless hand held wood saw for around $20. Trace the old clip on the wide blade of the saw, take your handheld die grinder with a thin metal cutting blade and slowly cut out the new clip. Make sure to leave the two fork tips a little longer. Take the cut out clip to your anvil and tap the two forks ends into the shape of the original, so it will fit around the pin (ball), then drill a hole and install a rivet. Press rivet flat and you are done. I took my time and it turned out really nice with the same spring fill as the old one. Sorry no pictures. Good luck if you decide to go this route.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Same with mine. It's pretty easy to make a new fork. I just installed it with a typical blind rivet.

from what I know the Renault part is still available
    Let us reply to ambition that it is she herself that gives us a taste for solitude.

My VIN:    17142 (12142 originally)

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

John Hervey (SpecialT Auto) restored mine. Plated the fork and installed a new clip. Looked like new.

John Harvey

Doesn't get any
    better than that.

My Hero!
    ED

Clutch fork clip

Glad I found this thread. Made my fork clip today from a hand saw blade from Lowes. I had nothing to trace, the PO had installed a clip from a different make. Retention was poor. Now it right, hand saw blade diy work great.

IMG_5828.jpg