FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Drivers' side winshoeld wiper not working

My VIN:    1930 June 1981, Black Interior, Automatic Transmission, Gas Flap Hood

Club(s):   (DOI)

Drivers' side winshoeld wiper not working

Hi ODOC'ers,

I discovered that my drivers' side windshield wiper does not function. It "twitches" and the arm sits very low on the windshield. The passenger side works fine and sprays washer fluid.

Any suggestions?

Dean

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

The arm has likely come loose from the pivot mechanism. Lift the hood and see if the nut or pivot shaft moves back and forth when switched on. If there is a plastic cap on the arm it will pop off with a small screwdriver.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

My VIN:    3937

Did you get this sorted out, Dean?

Dennis is right about checking that pivot point where the wiper arm attaches. Likely not tight anymore or something related. Let us know if you need some more help with it.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior