FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: High idle troubleshooting

My VIN:    5180

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

High idle troubleshooting

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    You pull the fuel hose from the fuel distributor to the WUR and look down into the WUR. If it's dirty, you use some air and a brush to clean it off while still in the WUR. Probably best to pull the WUR out of the car so you can see what your doing.

The WUR sets the mixture rich when the engine is cold. It does what a choke does on a carburetor.
    If not familiar with fuel system components,
    The WUR/CPR is bolted to the LH rocker cover. You remove the larger fuel line banjo bolt. The screen is at the bottom of that port.

If you break the connection you should replace the copper sealing washers.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 06-27-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Must* Never reuse banjos.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by DMC5180 View Post
    If not familiar with fuel system components,
    The WUR/CPR is bolted to the LH rocker cover. You remove the larger fuel line banjo bolt. The screen is at the bottom of that port.

If you break the connection you should replace the copper sealing washers.
    Do you guys have a part number for the copper sealing washer? Will that be the same copper washers that are on the rest of the banjo bolts going into the fuel distributer?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    Must* Never reuse banjos.
    Never re-use banjo bolts? Or washers? What?
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

CO adjustment hole?

So is this the CO adjustment hole? I have heard people saying this hole should have been plugged? Mine was definitely not plugged up. I also can't seem to find an Allen wrench that fits to turn anything inside that hole. I can barely look in the hole but don't see any female Allen head at all..... What sort of tool do I need.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

you need a long 3mm t handle allen wrench. Sears has them. You absolutely need that plugged. A bolt or golf tee works. DMC also has a little plug with a wire loop on it. Without it plugged, you have a vacuum leak.

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    you need a long 3mm t handle allen wrench. Sears has them. You absolutely need that plugged. A bolt or golf tee works. DMC also has a little plug with a wire loop on it. Without it plugged, you have a vacuum leak.
    That's what I thought. I just noticed it and was playing around with plugging it with my finger, but didn't notice a difference in idle at all. Weird..... Do you happen to have the DMC part number for the plug?

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    That's what I thought. I just noticed it and was playing around with plugging it with my finger, but didn't notice a difference in idle at all. Weird..... Do you happen to have the DMC part number for the plug?
    I think I found the reason no tool would fit...... Is this the plug everyone is talking about drilling out? It looks like the PO attempted, but gave up prior to tapping though. I suppose that would also explain why I didn't have a vacuum leak with the upper hole unplugged. Either that, or the PO iwas an idiot and tried to drill out an Allen hole? Guesses?

image.jpg

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by Trstno1 View Post
    I think I found the reason no tool would fit...... Is this the plug everyone is talking about drilling out? It looks like the PO attempted, but gave up prior to tapping though. I suppose that would also explain why I didn't have a vacuum leak with the upper hole unplugged. Either that, or the PO iwas an idiot and tried to drill out an Allen hole? Guesses?

image.jpg
    Your plug was drilled out in your first photo. This photo looks like the PO drilled to deep into the 3 mm "Allen" head bolt.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast