I'm planning a very casual drive around Lake Tahoe, and I'd love to make this a club event if there is interest. I'm planning on spending the night there, however since it isn't very far for those of us in the Sacramento area, this could easily be made a day trip if preferred.
I'm not very familiar with Tahoe. I've only been to South Lake Tahoe twice, and haven't seen much else around the lake. If the stops listed aren't that great, or you have other ideas, I'm open to changes as I've based these stops off internet reviews.
Currently Planned Stops:
- Leave Shopping Center in El Dorado Hills at 9:00 a.m. We will meet near Peet's Coffee.
- Inspiration Point at 10:45
- Lunch: Jason's at King's Beach at 12:30.
- Logan Shoals Vista at 2:00
- 15 min Cave Rock Hike at 2:30
- South Lake Tahoe (Spend the night here if interested, or head home) 3:30
- We can make a on the fly decision for activities that night:
- Gondola ride at Heavenly
- Casinos (though I'm not much of a gambler)
- Do our own thing
- Other ideas?
Other recommended stops: http://www.traveling9to5.com/2013/04...nd-lake-tahoe/Parking: In my limited Tahoe experience, I've found parking to be a nightmare at every scenic stop and hiking location. Any stops listed may need to be skipped or altered in the event suitable parking can't be found. Being flexible on this drive is going to need to be rule #1.
Another suggested drive: https://www.myscenicdrives.com/drive...nia/lake-tahoe
Date: July 18, as listed in the thread title
Radios: As with previous drives, please bring your FRS radios so we can talk easily between cars. I have this Motorola one, but any radio with sub channels should work. I can loan out one radio if needed.
Hotels: We don't need to stay at the same place, but I will post an update to this thread once I've booked a place to share where I'm staying. I'll be looking in the $120-$160 range.
Looking forward to a great drive, I hope you are able to join!