FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Replacement Clock

My VIN:    2222

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCH) (DCUK)

New Replacement Clock

I just noticed that Hervey is now offering a replacement clock for $99 (http://www.specialtauto.com/index.html). Besides the time it will also display temperature and voltage. He says it fits without any modifications. Has anyone purchased/installed this yet?

My VIN:    16951

Club(s):   (DCO) (DOA) (DCUK)

That's interesting

Gee, wonder where he got the idea from. Time, voltage, and temperature? Sounds like someone's been browsing two dollar clocks on Alibaba made in China.

You're paying for markup on the mounting bracket for that part more than anything else. Hell I wouldn't even throw $30 at it. They literally sell generic units for a few bucks each that work (and have been sold to us before with similar markup). All you really need is a suitable way to attach it, and bam, $10 clock right there.

My VIN:    5312

Oh hervey LOL I went to look for a laugh and what do i see? Gator skin seats. WTF !

My VIN:    03572

I bet if you buy one, he has ground off any part numbers.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

I don't see any wires connecting to a sensor for the thermometer so I am guessing it would tell you the temperature inside the car IMHO not the most useful piece of information
    Last edited by AugustneverEnds; 06-04-2015 at 11:03 AM. Reason: spelling
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

My VIN:    10270

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean...ean-clocks.jpg

Looks like a temp probe on the lower left wires
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

I survived....I think AirmanPika's Avatar

My VIN:    5087

People criticize...but...lets see how many alternatives there are? Oh right...none Frankly his asking price is reasonable for the fact that you can't find any working originals for the same price in most cases. Sure its different but its no worse than an upgraded fuel pump from DMCH or a Stage II engine which are hardly OEM in their own categories.

Quote Originally Posted by AirmanPika View Post
    People criticize...but...lets see how many alternatives there are? Oh right...none
    Um, yeah, there definitely are alternatives. Robvandeveere (sp?) has built and is selling a plug-and-play unit, Ozzie has a tutorial for converting a ready-made clock into a DeLorean-ready unit, there's plenty of units on eBay for under $10 that just need a mounting solution (didn't someone else do this already?), Tindie has a few that are above $10 but come with more features. Let's see, what am I forgetting?

Oh yeah... mine!!!

I'm field-testing a prototype that uses GPS as a synchronization point for far greater accuracy than what is currently available. No more setting the time, just set the time zone, DST settings, and the rest is automatic. Like Rob's, it's also plug-and-play and DeLorean-specific.

So yeah, alternatives exist. Some cheaper, others leaps and bounds better for a bit more. Nice try though.

My VIN:    Early

Yesterday, I canceled my order with Hervey for a radiator and bought one from DMCFL. Hervey, after a week of no answers, had the audacity to blame it on me. Typical. IMHO some of his products are good, but with his customer service, it's just not worth the trouble.
    Early 81 5spd conversion- DMCH Ground Effects, Double Din, Custom Instrument Cluster, QA1 Suspension, 3.0 PRV with MS3

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast