FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Replacement Clock

My VIN:    814

Club(s):   (DCH)

I just got vin814 back on the road this weekend.

One of many things I did was fit mark's clock.

I like it. Apparently its not perfect, but what part of the DeLorean IS perfect?! Its also not OEM, but its close, and it wasn't horrifically expensive either.

OK, he made a few quid. (Note: a few!! I doubt he is retiring to the Bahamas on the proceeds of his clock!!).

And if you break down the many hours of R&D which have gone into it, I'll bet the hourly rate isnt thru the roof either. I personally do not grudge this.

I also think that although its not perfect, the bits that Mark made WERE perfect. And yes, perhaps a high-schooler could have made it, but I couldn't. My PhD is not is product design, nor is it in CAD. But I like the fact that it is available, and it fits, and it works.

Shep, I have no issue with you. I also have never met mark in person. But would appreciate it if you stopped fireballing a guy who tried to help the community out in good faith. He offered a product and people bought it. Not very many people are very angry about it. In fact I think most are pretty happy...

My tuppence ha'pny.

a

My VIN:    5786, 3196

Club(s):   (DMA)

Ever since Shep appeared on the forums, most of what I've seen him post are rants against people, stirring up shit by making passive aggressive remarks, acting like a know-it-all, or just being mean towards flux3d. It's gotten to the point where I'm surprised when there's actually helpful post with his name on it.

Even if flux3d's clock was a Chinese-sourced part, he went to the trouble to find the parts and make a case that mounts into our cars. I probably would have bought one or two myself, except that there were reports of it not keeping time correctly (and I still would buy one if they kept accurate time). Sorry for bringing this up again, but it's just gotten ridiculous.

Except for A/C lines (which I hope to never need since the lines on both of my DeLoreans are new), I won't buy from Hervey because of all of the issues I've heard of with his products and service. So, I hope that the community fills in the gaps. The community is what makes owning these cars so great.
    -Derrin

5786: DPI cams and cat-less exhaust, galvanized and powder coated manual frame for a proper 5-speed conversion

3196 - My wife's DeLorean: DMCH new build, DPI rebuilt engine with performance cams and exhaust

1956 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1960 Chevrolet Impala
    1961 Corvette
    1972 Buick Skylark GS 455 Clone
    1975 Corvette (to be sold once restored)
    1976 Corvette (wife's car)
    1979 Corvette Daily Driver
    1987 Corvette (technically wife's car)

My VIN:    500 ft pounds torque.

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

People just cant listen. To those looking for a replacement clock, or building one, feel free to start a new thread void of the character attacks.
    Soundkillr was here.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5