FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New Replacement Clock

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Shep View Post
    Hell I could open source a housing on Thingaverse if I wanted to just to piss Hervey off.
    Honestly, I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less. Heck I'd be surprised if he even knew what Thingaverse was. No matter what, the majority of DeLorean owners are still going to buy from a vendor because people like things that are plug and play; even if it costs extra. As Hervey is the only vendor right now selling a replacement clock, hes going to get the business.

My VIN:    #10719 JAN 82, Grey Interior.

Club(s):  

Very true Nick. Having choice is the main thing. We should encourage more development of parts, not less. Then people can choose.

I might just develop the case and lens unit, and either supply the clock unit or allow people to fit their own. I've already managed to draw up and 3d print a new version of the light switch which i was pleased with. Could do the same with the clock case. Even offer it as a digital download to people. After all for it to be a good fit the caseand lens need to be a very good fit to our cars.

Thought it worth noting that this is the man behind the scenes, instigating trouble and basically telling them to piss off after they react:
    Quote Originally Posted by flux3d
    Sounds quite socially dysfunctional to me. Quite frankly you can just crawl back under the rock from which you sprang

Club(s):  

My reply to you was "Yawn (switches shep to MUTE ). I will resist the temptation to post what you sent. I will not be dragged down to your level.

Please leave this out of the forums and pm me if you have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    Please leave this out of the forums and pm me if you have a problem.
    I did, and was met with what I posted. I asked why attack my character in the first place to instigate this mess, even trying to get to the bottom of it in an attempt to make amends (!), and as before, you ignored the question, and have now shown zero interest in being a halfway decent human being. Oh well, at least I tried. Seems you'd rather be an asshole than get along.

Club(s):  

Fantasy shep. I'd post my appeals to you about being more human and how we should get along, but the forum is not the place. Please leave it out of the here as requested by others and myself.

People must be bored of this by now. PLEASE STOP!

My VIN:    3937

Quote Originally Posted by flux3d View Post
    People must be bored of this by now. PLEASE STOP!
    It hasn't gotten me so much as bored as it has gotten me angry.

I'll take flux3d's side in this as a few others I have spoken with here have as well.

Shep, you can choose to see yourself as the saint in all of this and convince yourself everyone else is at fault except you. The reality is, I can't think of someone more hypocritical than yourself to think that you're innocent and everyone else is bringing this "unprovoked" anger towards you. You constantly stir up sh!t and won't let something die and then figure everyone is out to get you when someone tries to stick up for themselves.

I have you ignored/muted like others do, but when I saw you go so far as to refer to Mark as a coward, I chose to say something. You seem to think someone is a coward or hiding behind a keyboard and yet that is exactly what you continue to do. If your real life is crap, then fix that. But don't come on here to sh!t on people if you've had a bad day and then try to turn it around on the person you're attacking.

I would like to ask you to cease and desist because you're f&%king it up for everyone, and I don't care to come on here very much anymore because of it. Knock it off. No real threats of course, this is just the Internet and anything goes as you seem to understand. I just ask because the real consequence is more and more people that want to be here to give or receive help will continue to leave.

Sept. 81, auto, black interior

My VIN:    6125

Shep, you are embarassing yourself again.

You might want to re-read this thread:
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10601-Sorry-guys

You've earned yourself the distinction of the first person I've ever put on my ignore list. There are far too many positive, helpful people on this forum trying to make DeLorean ownership an enjoyable experience to waste another second of my life reading one of your posts.

My VIN:    1121

Club(s):   (DOA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It hasn't gotten me so much as bored as it has gotten me angry.

I'll take flux3d's side in this as a few others I have spoken with here have as well.

Shep, you can choose to see yourself as the saint in all of this and convince yourself everyone else is at fault except you. The reality is, I can't think of someone more hypocritical than yourself to think that you're innocent and everyone else is bringing this "unprovoked" anger towards you. You constantly stir up sh!t and won't let something die and then figure everyone is out to get you when someone tries to stick up for themselves.

I have you ignored/muted like others do, but when I saw you go so far as to refer to Mark as a coward, I chose to say something. You seem to think someone is a coward or hiding behind a keyboard and yet that is exactly what you continue to do. If your real life is crap, then fix that. But don't come on here to sh!t on people if you've had a bad day and then try to turn it around on the person you're attacking.

I would like to ask you to cease and desist because you're f&%king it up for everyone, and I don't care to come on here very much anymore because of it. Knock it off. No real threats of course, this is just the Internet and anything goes as you seem to understand. I just ask because the real consequence is more and more people that want to be here to give or receive help will continue to leave.
    Hear, hear!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I agree, this is getting really old really quick. Constantly jumping on top of someone because they developed something only hinders creativity in this community. Let it go already. Be part of the solution, not part of the problem. I for one would love the option of a bracket that allows me to choose my own clock.

Also, for what it's worth, I for one think if you have a problem with someone via PM, either work it out via PM, take it up with a moderator, or block them already. Either way, don't air your dirty laundry; it doesn't help your case.
    Last edited by Nicholas R; 06-18-2015 at 09:50 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast