FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Lower engine cover brace/bracket for stay assembly

My VIN:    5482

Lower engine cover brace/bracket for stay assembly

I'm looking for a brace or bracket to fit over the ridge of the lower engine cover where the stay bracket hook connects. Mine is broken-ish enough to where there's not enough meat to connect the bracket. I wanted to see if anyone had anything before I try making one myself. Fabricating custom parts is not one of my strong suits.
    Jeff

My VIN:    005058 000927

Club(s):   (AZ-D) (DMA) (DOA) (DCUK)

That's a simple fiberglass repair but someone made a plastic stay retainer with two extra mtg holes that might work for you. It may have been DMCH or DMCNW but I can't remember.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by OverlandMan View Post
    I'm looking for a brace or bracket to fit over the ridge of the lower engine cover where the stay bracket hook connects. Mine is broken-ish enough to where there's not enough meat to connect the bracket. I wanted to see if anyone had anything before I try making one myself. Fabricating custom parts is not one of my strong suits.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ Grady Inc. View Post
    That's a simple fiberglass repair but someone made a plastic stay retainer with two extra mtg holes that might work for you. It may have been DMCH or DMCNW but I can't remember.
    Rob
    Both make their own variants. DMCNW I believe has the four evenly spaced holes across the bottom of it, DMCH on the other hand extends the two in by one extra hole. I'm fairly certain DMCH's is metal (I have one installed), but have no idea about DMCNW's materials. Maybe they changed it after a while?

Rob's right in that it's a fairly simple fiberglass repair though. Not sure if it would be more feasible to fix the fiberglass before it gets worse, or if another stay bracket to bypass the issue would be more suitable.

As an aside, I seem to remember one of the vendors or clubs or someone making a stay assembly that was about 50% larger on the base to circumvent this issue entirely, but I may be wrong on that. Really can't remember where I saw it unfortunately. Anyone else see one like that?

My VIN:    5482

Thanks guys. I found the URL to the DMCNW part and think I'll try that out.
    Jeff