FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Woodward Dream Cruise 2015 - August 14-15, 2015

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Woodward Dream Cruise 2015 - August 14-15, 2015

Woodward Dream Cruise 2014 - Saturday, August 15, 2015 (the 21st Anniversary of the Dream Cruise)

This year's Dream Cruise is only a month away and it is shaping up to be one of the best for our DeLoreans.

2015 is the 30th Anniversary of Back to the Future and our DeLoreans have already gotten a lot of attention
    by the local media and Bloomfield Township, so if you are thinking about attending, make your plans now.

WXYZ-TV Channel 7 Detroit has already interviewed a few local DeLorean owners for their pre-Cruise show.

The world's largest car show and car cruise will have another outstanding display of DeLorean automobiles
    for our fifth year at the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes Benz dealership. There is no better location to display
    our DeLoreans, to huge crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
    enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, both on display, and cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club
    DMC event, with cars from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, both on
    and next to Woodward Ave, and over a million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all you gear-heads.

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at our display, and this year we will also have
    the 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car cruising Woodward Ave on Friday and Saturday, the week of the cruise.

Contact any of the participating DeLorean clubs for a registration form or just contact Rich Weissensel.
    Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

Registration Note: As of July 15th, we already have 50% of the DeLorean Reserved parking spaces "filled",
    so if you plan to attend and park with our DMC clubs, reserve your space now or reserve it very soon.

There is "cruising" all week, but the official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

See you in a month.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Great response since the initial post and there are only a couple reserved spaces left (to park with the group of DeLoreans).

Note: We will have some spare General Parking passes available, first come, first served, to park in the general parking lot
    in case anyone wants to stop by briefly, either with or without their DeLorean.

We plan to cruise as a group a few times throughout Saturday, but you can do all-day cruising too, if you can handle traffic.

We encourage pre-cruising on Friday afternoon, to get a good feel for what to expect Saturday (but with much less traffic)
    or cruising very early on Saturday morning with no traffic (which is when I cruised a few miles with the D Rex in the past).

The initial pre-purchased parking spaces have been Sold Out as of this past weekend ... thanks to everyone who responded.

We have some General Admission parking spaces at the nearby parking lot, so if you stop by the Bloomfield Hills Mercedes
    dealership, try to let us know in advance or flag down someone at the DeLorean Display as you drive by on Woodward Ave,
    so we can get you a parking pass for the general parking lot. As in years past, we can only park at Mercedes on Saturday,
    so we may select an alternate meeting location (for lunch and/or dinner) between our cruising on Thursday and on Friday.

The Long Range forecast is looking pretty good for cruising (for now) so we hope to see many of you in a couple of weeks.

Is anyone heading up to this from the Louisville, KY, area?

Quote Originally Posted by Xopher View Post
    Is anyone heading up to this from the Louisville, KY, area?
    I have not heard of any caravans further than about 300 miles to the Detroit Metro area.

As of today (Wednesday, 8/12/15), these are the caravans that have reported in:

- caravan from Chicago area leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning
    - caravan from Southeast Wisconsin leaving on Friday morning
    - caravan from Canada (leaving?) arriving Saturday morning

Anticipated cruising on Thursday night, all day on Friday and on/off all day on Saturday.

Reminder: The 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car will be on display and cruising at Woodward 2015

A big thanks to Dave Swingle and crew at DMC MW for getting the 2015 Raffle Car "cold" again
    with a last minute install of a new AC compressor. Should make my cruising even cooler (lol).

See you at the Cruise !!

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    I have not heard of any caravans further than about 300 miles to the Detroit Metro area.

As of today (Wednesday, 8/12/15), these are the caravans that have reported in:

- caravan from Chicago area leaving tomorrow (Thursday) morning
    - caravan from Southeast Wisconsin leaving on Friday morning
    - caravan from Canada (leaving?) arriving Saturday morning

Anticipated cruising on Thursday night, all day on Friday and on/off all day on Saturday.

Reminder: The 2015 DeLorean Raffle Car will be on display and cruising at Woodward 2015

A big thanks to Dave Swingle and crew at DMC MW for getting the 2015 Raffle Car "cold" again
    with a last minute install of a new AC compressor. Should make my cruising even cooler (lol).

See you at the Cruise !!
    If you guys eat somewhere on Friday or Saturday, (group event) please post it here so some of us "locals" can swing by I look forward to meeting y'all! I should be unbusy myself anytime after 7:30 p.m on Friday.

My Dad has a spot just south of I-696 that he uses each year but it is debateable if he will get it again this year....but I plan on parking there because it is a good area in Pleasent Ridge. But I will try to truck up to Bloomfield to meet you guys.

--Doug

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    If you guys eat somewhere on Friday or Saturday, (group event) please post it here so some of us "locals" can swing by I look forward to meeting y'all! I should be unbusy myself anytime after 7:30 p.m on Friday.

My Dad has a spot just south of I-696 that he uses each year but it is debateable if he will get it again this year....but I plan on parking there because it is a good area in Pleasent Ridge. But I will try to truck up to Bloomfield to meet you guys.

--Doug
    Hi Doug and others,

No firm plans for Thursday night or Friday night yet, and Saturday night will depend upon how tired we are after the next 3 days of Woodward activities.

For any local DeLorean enthusiasts in the Detroit Metro area, I will be doing a radio interview with Warren Pierce on 760 WJR during the 6 am hour Saturday.
    Yeah, that's too darn early for most of you, but if they are giving me free air time to talk about DeLoreans, the new DCS and DCS Raffle Car, then I'm there.

Other radio and TV interviews are all TBA, with some on Friday and some on Saturday. It's going to be a very busy next 3 days.

See you at the Cruise !!

Thanks,
    Rich W.

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Rich,

Roger. I will try to get over there to see you guys. I don't know if I will be up at 6 a.m. but if I am, I'll tune into 760 a.m. (I think thats Sports/news Talk Radio).

If you want a rebroadcast/broadcast of Rich's interview, you can go to:

http://www.wjr.com/ and click on "Listen Now", 6 a.m. EST is 3 a.m. in California and I think 2 p.m. in Italy. You can listen anywhere you have internet..... If I get up that early I can record it and post it on youtube or vimeo....

--Doug

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    Rich,

Roger. I will try to get over there to see you guys. I don't know if I will be up at 6 a.m. but if I am, I'll tune into 760 a.m. (I think thats Sports/news Talk Radio).

If you want a rebroadcast/broadcast of Rich's interview, you can go to:

http://www.wjr.com/ and click on "Listen Now", 6 a.m. EST is 3 a.m. in California and I think 2 p.m. in Italy. You can listen anywhere you have internet..... If I get up that early I can record it and post it on youtube or vimeo....

--Doug
    Thanks Doug. Got an email from Lori at the radio station.
    Interview moved to 6:40 am (not that much later).

Made it to Woodward OK. Plan to cruise a little after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    Thanks Doug. Got an email from Lori at the radio station.
    Interview moved to 6:40 am (not that much later).

Made it to Woodward OK. Plan to cruise a little after dinner.
    Only a little cruising on Thursday, but two long rounds of cruising on Friday.

A few hours and a couple loops before Lunch and a few more before Dinner.
    We saw a DeLorean with chromed, stock wheels right after our Lunch stop.

Just finished up Dinner and the morning radio interview was moved back to 6:10 am.

Safe to say it will most likely be during the 6 am hour and leave it at that.

As Doug mentioned, it may be much easier to listen on the website link later.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast