FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Well that was frustrating.

Well that was frustrating.

So I just finished writing a review of DPI's AC line kit - love it BTW. You should buy one - and then followed it with a lengthy write-up of helpful, inside information from a licensed veteran AC tech and DeLorean expert. It was full of gold. Normally I don't share from the vault because information like that always gave me the edge but since I'm getting out of the business I figured 'why not'. The forum's little yellow box kept flashing 'auto-saved'. Hit 'preview' to check my work and it asks me to login again (I already was). Next page pops up; it's gone. Every word. So I page backward in hopes it was cached - it pops up for a nano second - then the page auto-refreshes itself to a blank form.

For real? Well there's hours of my life down the drain I can't get back and won't be repeating. I'm crushed.

Sigh.
    Last edited by Galt; 06-09-2015 at 01:29 AM.

My VIN:    3305

Where does the "saved message" go? I once had a similar experience, and the message I was writing went down the tube and got positively flushed, but I thought "hey! thanks God it was auto-saved!" but I couldn't figure out WHERE!

Since then I always copy long messages in a .txt file.

My VIN:    03572

When I plan a lengthy post, I use a text editor (email or word) so I can keep saving it. Then I just copy and paste.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Had this sort of thing happen to me a couple times. Didn't take long before I got into the habit of hitting "Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C" before submitting a post! That really sucks, man.

My VIN:    2567 (Sold)

Galt
    Hope you would try it again. Your informtion will benefit millions of Delorean owners for many many years. We may even call it the Galt installation method.

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    Had this sort of thing happen to me a couple times. Didn't take long before I got into the habit of hitting "Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C" before submitting a post! That really sucks, man.
    I do the same thing. Learned a while ago that this site has a way of forgetting you were logged in when you're finished writing.

My VIN:    3060

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas R View Post
    I do the same thing. Learned a while ago that this site has a way of forgetting you were logged in when you're finished writing.
    Really that's true of almost any web form. If you sit idle on a page while filling out a form, the page thinks you are inactive and you can hit the timeout.

My VIN:    3469

easy to install??

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    So I just finished writing a review of DPI's AC line kit - love it BTW. You should buy one - and then followed it with a lengthy write-up of helpful, inside information from a licensed veteran AC tech and DeLorean expert. It was full of gold. Normally I don't share from the vault because information like that always gave me the edge but since I'm getting out of the business I figured 'why not'. The forum's little yellow box kept flashing 'auto-saved'. Hit 'preview' to check my work and it asks me to login again (I already was). Next page pops up; it's gone. Every word. So I page backward in hopes it was cached - it pops up for a nano second - then the page auto-refreshes itself to a blank form.

For real? Well there's hours of my life down the drain I can't get back and won't be repeating. I'm crushed.

Sigh.
    Hi - That too bad about loosing the review but I'm wondering since you loved it could you tell us some quick details of the installation? I've been looking to change my lines and would love to hear the short version

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

I want to see the write up too!
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by DPI JOSH View Post
    I want to see the write up too!
    LOL. I'll give you the highlights; "So easy a baby could do it". "No leaks first try". "Eaton connectors; love them." "Hoses were all the perfect length." "Zero complaints."

Then I wrote about the pitfalls of mixing different oils that then become acidic and destroy seals. Why some refrigerants are better, safer and MUCH colder than others. Why all R134a systems (even new ones) all leak over time, why conversions fail and to lower your expectations of a 'sealed' R134 system. R12 BTW is cold - damn cold. You forget until you get in a car still running the stuff. The AC in the DeLorean I just did is so cold it actually becomes physically painful around 2 minutes at full blast. It's like being in a meat locker. Not joking, I'm pretty sure you could safely store potato salad in it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast