FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: DCS 2016 Cancelled in Indy?

My VIN:    5778

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich W View Post
    This location has been on the Top of the List for DCS 2018 since the DCS Planning Team started working on DCS 2016 a few months ago.

The DeLorean Heritage Tour and other subsequent tours during "Woodward Weekend" have been very positively received by the DeLorean
    community and the current residents of many of the buildings that were significant to the DeLorean history and JZD's life in the Motor City.

Of course, we have another big DeLorean display planned for this year (BTTF 30th Anniversary) at the Woodward Dream Cruise 2015.
    I did not know this. Maybe the club should have a press release for Channel 7 news in Detroit so those BTTF and DeLorean fans will make it a point to come out/greater exposure????

I never saw anything about it in the past.....on Channel 7 or 4 or 2...BTW unless I am GOING to the "Cruise" most Detroiters try to avoid Woodward that weekend because it is positively FUBAR in the cities of Ferndale, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills and Pontiac because of it. Woodward, as you well know, crosses the northern spine of Detroit so, if you have to get to Novi from Port Huron, your choices are I-94 or I-696 or it's "Honey, we'll just wait until next weekend to visit the inlaws...."

(but if I saw DELOREANS there I'd be there like white on rice, and definitely plan on making it as how I should have mine by then) .

--Doug
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 06-17-2015 at 08:51 PM.

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I did not know this. Maybe the club should have a press release for Channel 7 news in Detroit so those BTTF and DeLorean fans will make it a point to come out/greater exposure????

I never saw anything about it in the past.....on Channel 7 or 4 or 2...BTW unless I am GOING to the "Cruise" most Detroiters try to avoid Woodward that weekend because it is positively FUBAR in the cities of Ferndale, Royal Oak, Bloomfield Hills and Pontiac because of it. Woodward, as you well know, crosses the northern spine of Detroit so, if you have to get to Novi from Port Huron, your choices are I-94 or I-696 or it's "Honey, we'll just wait until next weekend to visit the inlaws...."

(but if I saw DELOREANS there I'd be there like white on rice, and definitely plan on making it as how I should have mine by then) .

--Doug
    We have been working with Marie Gould from WXYZ-TV (Woodward Dream Cruise Producer) for the past few years, and again this year,
    including a pre-Woodward TV Show that has been in production since early May, with local Detroit area DeLorean owners being featured.

The DeLorean Display (10-15 cars) has been at the Bloomfield Hills - Mercedes Benz dealership the past few years and we have already
    reserved 10 spaces there again this year. It's not the "center" of attention, but it is a really nice location, for a very reasonable price per
    space, with all the proceeds going to several local charities. The other nice benefit is "unlimited" in-out (park/cruise), so you can park for
    a while, cruise for a while, then repeat the cycle as many times as you want. (some parking locations limit the number of in-out events).

The DeLorean Motor City club has photo documented all of the Woodward events since 2005 and still has photos (with some comments)
    posted on their website, including photos from the JZD Heritage Tour(s). See a few of the event links below:

http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/gal...-Woodward.html

http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/gal...itagetour.html

http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-05Woodward.htm

The past few years, more and more of the event photos and activities have been posted on Social Media vs. the DMC club websites,
    so feel free to check out those links as well from the Midwest DMC club, the Michigan DMC club and the Ohio DMC club.

We have been working with Marie Gould from WXYZ-TV (Woodward Dream Cruise Producer) for the past few years, and again this year,
    including a pre-Woodward TV Show that has been in production since early May, with local Detroit area DeLorean owners being featured.

The DeLorean Display (10-15 cars) has been at the Bloomfield Hills - Mercedes Benz dealership the past few years and we have already
    reserved 10 spaces there again this year. It's not the "center" of attention, but it is a really nice location, for a very reasonable price per
    space, with all the proceeds going to several local charities. The other nice benefit is "unlimited" in-out (park/cruise), so you can park for
    a while, cruise for a while, then repeat the cycle as many times as you want. (some parking locations limit the number of in-out events).

The DeLorean Motor City club has photo documented all of the Woodward events since 2005 and still has photos (with some comments)
    posted on their website, including photos from the JZD Heritage Tour(s). See a few of the event links below:

http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/gal...itagetour.html

http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-05Woodward.htm

The past few years, more and more of the event photos and activities have been posted on Social Media vs. the DMC club websites,
    so feel free to check out those links as well from the Midwest DMC club, the Michigan DMC club and the Ohio DMC club.
    I knew about the others but not where he grew up. I'll have to drive by there this Sunday. Thank you for that info!!

Nice monster Delorean!! That would be cool to go offroading in....

My VIN:    A few, by name... DeLorean Monster Truck, DeLorean Roadster, DeLorean Hovercraft, DeLorean Limo

Quote Originally Posted by aotmfilms View Post
    I knew about the others but not where he grew up. I'll have to drive by there this Sunday. Thank you for that info!!
    Recommend you use extreme caution when driving in and out of some areas, and its probably best not to visit some of these areas alone, even Sunday morning.

Recommend you use extreme caution when driving in and out of some areas, and its probably best not to visit some of these areas alone, even Sunday morning.
    Thank you the concern but JZD grew up 5 miles from where I grew up (9 mile and Hilton). I agree that Highland Park (where his home is at--I didn't know the exact address), I wouldn't go there at night but y'all are the crazy ones for taking D's anywhere close to Detroit lol! Those folk down there like to steal anything shiny (or stainless) for that matter. . When I get mine, I'll hit that invisible barrier called 8 mile and catch up to you back on the way north of y'all have any D's left . Joking about the stealing part, not joking about the 8 mile part. I promised myself to keep the D out of the D...I'll be taking my DD down there to see his house. If anybody doesn't want to take their D down I can seat 4 in my DD. JZD was kind of a folk hero in Hazel Park and that other HP. I liked the guy for sticking it to the man and was sad to see him get arrested. Not too many people of note famous-wise came from where we grew up. Code name for Hazel Park is "Hazel'tucky". JZD was one of our own.
    Last edited by aotmfilms; 06-18-2015 at 06:41 PM.

My VIN:    3886

Club(s):   (DMA)

any announcement at dmcmw open house?

My VIN:    5180

DCS 2016 Cancelled in Indy?

Quote Originally Posted by acaciolo View Post
    any announcement at dmcmw open house?
    Yes, Rich has posted a new thread about it it in the events form under Delorean Convention and Show.
    Last edited by DMC5180; 06-21-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    DENNIS

VIN 5180, Frame 3652, STAGE II​, DM-eng Solid State Solutions (RPM Rly, Dm.Lt.Mod., Fan Fail Mod. , FAN Rly, HS.Rly) , HID headlights, SPAX user since 2009, Eibach springs, M Adj. Rear LCA's, DPNW poly-sway bar kit, DMCEU LCA Stabilizer link kit, DMCMW Illuminated door sills, Aussie Illuminated SS Shifter plate, REAL MOMO EVO Steering wheel, DELOREANA Extended View Side Mirrors w/ Heaters, DELOREANA LED Door Lights.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3